Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sako TRG / TRG-S M995 Thread **Sticky??**

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sako TRG / TRG-S M995 Thread **Sticky??**

    I guess it is time to start another one of these. This time can we get a sticky?
    Last edited by JBM_DC; 03-15-2017, 09:30 PM.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RecoilPhotographyOKC

  • #76
    Originally posted by JustBC View Post
    michiman if you have the newer version of the trigger (polymer guard) there is an Allen screw that limits the amount you can back it out. If you have the older version there is no limiter. If you back it out too much it would be bad. (Might need to be sent to Beretta to be fixed.)

    In theory the trigger weight for the newer trigger is between 2.9 to 5LBs. I *think* the older version is 2 to 4LBs Mine (TRG 22, old trigger and M10, new trigger) are both set at 2.2LBs.

    I would recommend backing it out 1/4 turn at a time and check the weight with a trigger pull gauge. I wouldn't bring it below 2.2. If you start to feel resistance when you are backing the screw out stop.
    Thanks for the response. I have a metal trigger guard but I also have an Allen screw limiter. I know the rifle is a new production as it was just released in the 6.5 creedmor caliber. So I'm not sure. I guess it could be that they've started to make the trigger guards metal again?

    Comment


    • #77
      Or I was wrong and only the M10 has a plastic trigger guard. What weight did you dial it down to?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by JustBC View Post
        Or I was wrong and only the M10 has a plastic trigger guard. What weight did you dial it down to?
        Unfortunately I don't have a way to measure it. It feels like it's about 2.5-2.75. A little bit heavier than my Timney trigger in my Remington and my sako 85 trigger.

        Comment


        • #79
          I would recommend getting a trigger pull gauge. You can get a cheap one that works for about $25.00 on Amazon.

          Comment


          • #80
            I love TRG's. More pics please. Thank you.
            Proud Father, Former Marine, and Mack truck driver.

            Comment


            • #81
              My 22 just shipped to Mark at SAC for a 6.5 Creedmoor rebarrel. Looking forward to the results. Wish I could swing the Cadex chassis but not at the moment. Will post pics when it gets home.
              MPrimo

              Addicted to pulling the trigger!

              Comment


              • #82
                Got some 600 yard data on the Elk Smasher. 215 Berger Hybrids right around 2950 feet per second.
                Have Gun...Will Travel.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Hello

                  As we are talking TRG; I have a TRG 42 338LM and was contemplating installing the KRG folding stock. Anyone has one and what are your impressions, solid construction, comfortable, adjustments?
                  TDM RMT 2eme DB
                  "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
                  The more we practice, the luckier we get.
                  "What's a swag, Sergeant Hathcock?"; "We use it a whole lot in long range shooting"

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Tango down View Post
                    Hello

                    As we are talking TRG; I have a TRG 42 338LM and was contemplating installing the KRG folding stock. Anyone has one and what are your impressions, solid construction, comfortable, adjustments?
                    I have one of the early models and love it. The only downside I can think of is the added weight. My folding stock takes tools to adjust, but I believe they are 100% tool less adjustable now days. They may have also reduced the bulk and weight on them as well. Lock up is solid.
                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RecoilPhotographyOKC

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by JBM_DC View Post

                      I have one of the early models and love it. The only downside I can think of is the added weight. My folding stock takes tools to adjust, but I believe they are 100% tool less adjustable now days. They may have also reduced the bulk and weight on them as well. Lock up is solid.
                      Thanks JBM_DC; still gathering info on these.I like bulletproof systems and as both my TRG are shooters, want to make sure that system is a plus and not a PITA in a long run. I like the adjustments possibilities and the shorter signature for transportation. Wish there was a good recent video on that TRG KRG folding stock.
                      TDM RMT 2eme DB
                      "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
                      The more we practice, the luckier we get.
                      "What's a swag, Sergeant Hathcock?"; "We use it a whole lot in long range shooting"

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I had a KRG f/s and eventually replaced it on a factory TRG gen 2. I'd say that original one is better but price....even street price of used gen 2 is high.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by MPrimo View Post
                          My 22 just shipped to Mark at SAC for a 6.5 Creedmoor rebarrel. Looking forward to the results. Wish I could swing the Cadex chassis but not at the moment. Will post pics when it gets home.
                          Mark did an awesome job on mine. I couldn't be happier.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            My first 'precision rifle' was a TRG22/308. I've owned a couple of custom rigs, and shot quite a few more, but in the end, its really hard to beat a TRG22. Here is my favorite....its a 20"308, with KRG folding buttstock. I prefer and use the ATLAS bipod, NEAR base, and it still wears a well used NF NXS-F1. It really likes the 185gr Berger juggernaut, but it still shoots Hornady 178gr BTHP's really well, and have a few thousand left to shoot up. The Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor isn't the lightest, but it is a solid can, and I have a suppressor mount for it, that matches the metric threads of the TRG. This rifle is consistently very accurate, very dependable, and for my uses so far, very durable.
                            Best,

                            Will Fennell
                            TEAM USA
                            www.willfennell.com

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Pic of a 5 shot / 100 yard group of 178gr BTHP's....
                              Best,

                              Will Fennell
                              TEAM USA
                              www.willfennell.com

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Same rifle, looking out to my furthest steel.....its only 450 yards, but it IS in my yard
                                Best,

                                Will Fennell
                                TEAM USA
                                www.willfennell.com

                                Comment


                                • #91
                                  Originally posted by MPrimo View Post
                                  My 22 just shipped to Mark at SAC for a 6.5 Creedmoor rebarrel. Looking forward to the results. Wish I could swing the Cadex chassis but not at the moment. Will post pics when it gets home.
                                  SAC turned it around remarkably quick ... here are the pics they sent over. I will repaint the stock (probably DuraCoat) as soon as I get it. Looks great to me. Thanks to Mark and Sara at SAC!





                                  MPrimo

                                  Addicted to pulling the trigger!

                                  Comment


                                  • #92
                                    EB70C3EB-C7BA-4406-A7D9-98305FAC9D83.jpeg I am likening the colour combination. I have just had my older TRG 22 barrelled in 6.5X47. I think I will copy the green. Ignore the bolt knob it was put on but the previous owner. I have the original back in place now.

                                    This topic deserves to be a sticky. The TRG is a true classic and holds its own against any custom on the market.

                                    Comment


                                    • #93
                                      Originally posted by MPrimo View Post

                                      I will repaint the stock (probably DuraCoat) as soon as I get it. Looks great to me. Thanks to Mark and Sara at SAC!





                                      Custom Gun Coatings did a great job for me on the paint. Can you post some groups for the 6.5CM? Also, what barrel specs?

                                      Comment


                                      • #94
                                        I'll post groups as soon as I get it back and set up. Barrel is a Bartlein 8 twist Varmint plus 1" contour at 24 inches. SiCo brake for my can.
                                        MPrimo

                                        Addicted to pulling the trigger!

                                        Comment


                                        • #95
                                          How's the ejection on these things? Also, if you convert to run AICS mags, do they run well or are they finicky? Would you chose one over a TL3?
                                          "Still got the shovel."

                                          Comment


                                          • #96
                                            The ejection is great on Sakos in general and TRGs in particular. A very common upgrade to other brands is "Sako style ejector"
                                            To my knowledge there aren't conversion kits available for AICS mags. KRG made one for awhile but stopped. There are some chassis that may accept AICS.
                                            If you are talking about a choice between Tikka T3 and a TRG I would say TRG hands down. They are a lot more money but are a better rifle IMHO. The two stage trigger on the TRG is fantastic.
                                            Having said that there is nothing wrong with a T3. They are well made and accurate out of the box. They have a single stage trigger but it is pretty nice. There are a lot of aftermarket parts for Tikka available. That is not true for the TRG. You buy Sako, you use Sako.

                                            Comment


                                            • #97
                                              Originally posted by JustBC View Post
                                              The ejection is great on Sakos in general and TRGs in particular. A very common upgrade to other brands is "Sako style ejector"
                                              To my knowledge there aren't conversion kits available for AICS mags. KRG made one for awhile but stopped. There are some chassis that may accept AICS.
                                              If you are talking about a choice between Tikka T3 and a TRG I would say TRG hands down. They are a lot more money but are a better rifle IMHO. The two stage trigger on the TRG is fantastic.
                                              Having said that there is nothing wrong with a T3. They are well made and accurate out of the box. They have a single stage trigger but it is pretty nice. There are a lot of aftermarket parts for Tikka available. That is not true for the TRG. You buy Sako, you use Sako.
                                              Thanks. I'm referring to a bighorn TL3 though, not the Tikka. I guess at this point though I'm really just torn between the TRG and the AI AT. I don't do well with pistol grip chassis and want a hard use factory rifle so that leaves one option....
                                              "Still got the shovel."

                                              Comment


                                              • #98
                                                Same issue with third party parts.... Lots for AI, few for TRG. Having said that I'd still go with the TRG.

                                                Comment


                                                • #99
                                                  My TRG in 308 with TBAC 30BA suppressor, NXS in Spuhr 24 MOA mount and BT mono pod. Still my favorite long range rifle.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X