X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tikka T3 Thread

Tikka T3 Information

• Can an end-user change the barrel on a Tikka TAC A1, from say a .308 to 6.5CM?

Comment

• Originally posted by blbennett1288 View Post
      She done
      Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorTexShooter View Post
        Can an end-user change the barrel on a Tikka TAC A1, from say a .308 to 6.5CM?
        I believe you will still require a smith to get that puppy off, unlike the Ruger Precision

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunchbox27 View Post

I believe you will still require a smith to get that puppy off, unlike the Ruger Precision
          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by HoustonB77 View Post
            1000 yards today with my Tikka T3 TSR-1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
            I just picked one of these up. What ammo are you shooting? I have yet to buy brass, bullets, and dies.

Comment

• I have a Tikka CTR in 6.5 creedmore and just put it in a MDT HS3 chassis.It came with a mdt 5 rnd plastic mag that does not allow me to load long enough length to get back to my sweet spot.What other mag choices do I have or what specific brand mag will fit in my chassis allowing longer bullet length.

Comment

• according to the mdt website

The HS3 chassis uses AICS style magazine in .223 and .308 caliber for short action systems, and 300WM, 30.06 or .338LM for long action systems. Note that the magazine well for Long Action has the 3.715 lengths, and therefore you need AICS magazine in 3.715.

AICS, Alpha 2, and ARC should work, both the alpha 2 and ARC mags have longer internal dimensions

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehotel View Post
                  according to the mdt website

The HS3 chassis uses AICS style magazine in .223 and .308 caliber for short action systems, and 300WM, 30.06 or .338LM for long action systems. Note that the magazine well for Long Action has the 3.715 lengths, and therefore you need AICS magazine in 3.715.

AICS, Alpha 2, and ARC should work, both the alpha 2 and ARC mags have longer internal dimensions
                  You need to read a little further in long actions:

Our chassis use 3.715 magazines for all models, except Tikka T3 which uses the 3.560 magazines.
                  "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
                  ó Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Okay, so 3.560" then. Since the poster in question wants longer length for his 6.5 creed, I suspect that even 3.000" would be plenty. Or did I miss something?

Comment

• Originally posted by lash View Post
                      Okay, so 3.560" then. Since the poster in question wants longer length for his 6.5 creed, I suspect that even 3.000" would be plenty. Or did I miss something?
                      Lash,

You did not miss a thing. I only wanted to point out since this is an exclusive T3 thread, that long action T3's in MDT chassis only use MDT special proprietary 3.560" LA mags and not AICS LA Mags 3.715". And yes, the OP is looking for longer mags for a SA T3, which Alpha Mags, ARC and Accurate Mags make.
                      "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
                      ó Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Top to bottom .243, .223, and two .308's

Comment

• Top to bottom .243, .223, and two .308's[/QUOTE]

What's the barrel length on the shorty 308 and what scope is that?

Comment

• IMG_3708.JPGIMG_4440.JPGIMG_2902.JPG Love my Tikkas! I make my own bolt knobs though. Tired of the same ol option out there.
                            "This is my Boom Stick".

Comment

• Originally posted by Randfal View Post
                              IMG_3708.JPGIMG_4440.JPGIMG_2902.JPG Love my Tikkas! I make my own bolt knobs though. Tired of the same ol option out there.

For sale? Do u make strait ones?
                              fake it until you make it
                              Thats gayer then two guys f*cking

Comment

• Originally posted by bentbolt308 View Post
                                For sale? Do u make strait ones?
                                Asks the guy going by the handle "bentbolt".

Comment

• bentbolt308,

if you looking for a Tikka T3 straight bolt here's one: https://www.atlasworxs.com/collectio...-bolt-tikka-t3

You can screw on whatever knob you want end. I put an APA knob on mine....https://www.americanprecisionarms.co...apa-bolt-knob/.
                                  ó Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• I don't actually make the entire knob I modify and thread the factory knob. Mine are actually threaded and capped with 416SS ends and then machined to final finish. Makes for a sleeker, cleaner looking knob I think. I got tired of all the big gawky gear shifter knob that everybody is selling. I mean, come on, we're cycle a silky smooth Tikka bolt; not shifting a truck transmission. Just my two cents and personal taste. I only make mine out of the factory bent knobs. IMG_1135.JPG
                                    "This is my Boom Stick".

Comment

• I find the factory Tikka handles to have a bit too much 'slop' for my liking though in regards to fitment. Hence why I CNC my own styles from scratch. Cerakote can 'gap fill' to an extent. Im talking small gaps..

Nice work though, and nice rig. Burris scope good?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou400a View Post
                                        Top to bottom .243, .223, and two .308's
                                        What's the barrel length on the shorty 308 and what scope is that?[/QUOTE]

Trijicon Accupoint 1-4

All the Gods, All the Heavens, All the Hells are Within You

Comment

• Originally posted by BobinNC View Post
                                          bentbolt308,

if you looking for a Tikka T3 straight bolt here's one: https://www.atlasworxs.com/collectio...-bolt-tikka-t3

You can screw on whatever knob you want end. I put an APA knob on mine....https://www.americanprecisionarms.co...apa-bolt-knob/.
                                          So 5/16 UNF is the same as 5/16-24?

Comment

• Originally posted by coltm4 View Post

I just picked one of these up. What ammo are you shooting? I have yet to buy brass, bullets, and dies.
                                            Hand loads. Lapua virgin brass, 140 Berger Hybrids, CCI BR primers, and 43.6 grains of H4350. This load averages 2683 in my rifle and is a hammer. Its strange but the load only shoots .6 or so at 100 but will shoot 1 inch at 300.

Comment

• Originally posted by blbennett1288 View Post

So 5/16 UNF is the same as 5/16-24?
                                              Correct. 5/16" UNF will be 24tpi (teeth per inch).

Comment

• Originally posted by cannoncrossfire View Post

Correct. 5/16" UNF will be 24tpi (teeth per inch).
                                                Well that is good news. I'll pick up Atlasworxs knob bolt and a Hawk Hill bolt knob and it'll be cheaper than having the factory bolt knob threaded.

Comment

• Is anyone else enjoying their CTR as purchased, without modifications? My only nit-picking-point may be having a vertical grip closer that allows better prone shooting, but this angle may be a better option for using "obstacles". I don't think I'll be doing any modifications or stock/part swapping for a long time, it seems to be pretty much setup in a great way for me.

Comment

• I kept mine stock for 2 years and then I decided I really wanted the McRees G10. I think it was a great upgrade that made the rifle a little more consistent in accuracy, not that it was ever bad. I just wanted something more solid and ergonomic in the prone position.

Originally posted by Beneviolence View Post
                                                    Is anyone else enjoying their CTR as purchased, without modifications? My only nit-picking-point may be having a vertical grip closer that allows better prone shooting, but this angle may be a better option for using "obstacles". I don't think I'll be doing any modifications or stock/part swapping for a long time, it seems to be pretty much setup in a great way for me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X