• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy International Picture Thread

AI Picture Thread

• Originally posted by vno.helix View Post
    Old AT & new AX
    vno.helix Very nice! What are the specs of your new AX?
    Is it a 20" AX308 in classic black or new Elite Midnight?

Comment

• Thanks. Its an AX308 in classic black with an 18 inch MTU barrel as well as the original 20 inch barrel.

Comment

• The more I frequent this thread, the more I want to sell most of my rifles to fund an AI. Those of you with multiples already, you suck. Lol.
        Last edited by long range sponge; 07-11-2017, 10:26 PM.
        Faith, family, and freedom...these things I love the most.

Comment

• Anyone have a picture of the AX in the Dark Earth color. Ive seen photos listed Dark Earth but in each picture the color was not the same

Comment

• Here's a couple pics of my new sage green AXMC 300WM 24" that I ordered from Jason at Euro Optic. I also got the 308 conversion bolt, mag adapter and a 26" 243 barrel. I'm planning on picking up a 20" 308 barrel as well.

I had concerns with how it would feed and run with the short action stuff but spoke to one of the AI team shooters before purchasing and he said it's good to go and I'd never notice a difference from my SA AX once I shoot it. He was right. It runs and feeds buttery smooth just like every other AI.

What surprised me a bit however is how well it runs single fed. A lot of rifles will have the bullet hang up on the back of the tennon, but there are no issues at all in this with the little 243. I ran it probably 500 rounds last night with some dummy rounds which 100 or so we're just tossing the round in the open chamber and it didn't hang up once.

So far I've only ran 20 rounds through it with the 300 barrel the night I got it but the target picture is the 5 round group I shot with some cheap hunting loads I picked up at Walmart. The flyer was all me on shot #3 but 4 rounds went though one ragged hole when I didn't screw up. I'll be shooting the 215gr Berger Hybrid for 300WM but I just had to shoot it.

It doesn't weigh noticeably more than the SA version and the balance is perfect with the 5-25 Mil-C Nightforce ATACR F1.

If you're looking for one rifle to do it all you can't go wrong with an AXMC.

Comment

• Originally posted by redneckbmxer24 View Post
              Here's a couple pics of my new sage green AXMC 300WM 24" that I ordered from Jason at Euro Optic. I also got the 308 conversion bolt, mag adapter and a 26" 243 barrel. I'm planning on picking up a 20" 308 barrel as well.

I had concerns with how it would feed and run with the short action stuff but spoke to one of the AI team shooters before purchasing and he said it's good to go and I'd never notice a difference from my SA AX once I shoot it. He was right. It runs and feeds buttery smooth just like every other AI.

What surprised me a bit however is how well it runs single fed. A lot of rifles will have the bullet hang up on the back of the tennon, but there are no issues at all in this with the little 243. I ran it probably 500 rounds last night with some dummy rounds which 100 or so we're just tossing the round in the open chamber and it didn't hang up once.

So far I've only ran 20 rounds through it with the 300 barrel the night I got it but the target picture is the 5 round group I shot with some cheap hunting loads I picked up at Walmart. The flyer was all me on shot #3 but 4 rounds went though one ragged hole when I didn't screw up. I'll be shooting the 215gr Berger Hybrid for 300WM but I just had to shoot it.

It doesn't weigh noticeably more than the SA version and the balance is perfect with the 5-25 Mil-C Nightforce ATACR F1.

If you're looking for one rifle to do it all you can't go wrong with an AXMC.

Does the 308 bolt conversion have to come fitted from factory? Or can it just be bought at a later date along with the mag adapter? If you would, I'd love a ballpark estimate for the conversion parts. Thanks! AI envy here! Have an AI/AT in 308/6.5Creedmoor, love it. All my other rifles are very nervous as they may be sold to get a second AI, they are so smoooooth.

Comment

• Originally posted by kujuak View Post

Does the 308 bolt conversion have to come fitted from factory? Or can it just be bought at a later date along with the mag adapter? If you would, I'd love a ballpark estimate for the conversion parts. Thanks! AI envy here! Have an AI/AT in 308/6.5Creedmoor, love it. All my other rifles are very nervous as they may be sold to get a second AI, they are so smoooooth.
                Having trouble finding the conversion kit (thought I saw it offered at a retailer), but all the parts are available as separate part numbers: the 308 complete bolt or bolt body and firing pin, magwell, etc.
                Last edited by TheOE800; 07-17-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kujuak View Post

They're set from the factory for headspace so you can add bolts and barrels as needed. It's always a good idea to check headspace though.

Here is what you will need to go to 308 or 308 sized rounds:

Bolt body:

http://www.eurooptic.com/accuracy-in...win-20012.aspx

Short action magazine adaptor:

http://www.eurooptic.com/ai-aluminum...-27268-bl.aspx

Short action magazine (AW magazines also work):

http://www.eurooptic.com/accuracy-in...d-762-308.aspx

And lastly you will need a barrel in the caliber of your choice with the AXMC sized tennon. The AT/AX barrels will not work. Retail on the barrels is about $800.

http://www.eurooptic.com/ai-axmc-barrels.aspx

For an exact price on a full kit and availability it would be best to call them.

Comment

Working...
                  X