728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppressor mount remover?...

Has anyone out there made / sold anything to this effect?

Like a 4-6 inch piece of hex stock with 5/8 threads down half of it, and a jamb nut?

TOMB mount screwed off with my can, and there is nothing to grab ahold of, thanks for any insight
    punching paper.. plinking plates.. busting bottles.. cracking clays.... shooting something!!

Originally posted by PlinkIt View Post
    Has anyone out there made / sold anything to this effect?

Like a 4-6 inch piece of hex stock with 5/8 threads down half of it, and a jamb nut?

TOMB mount screwed off with my can, and there is nothing to grab ahold of, thanks for any insight
    Use the tool you have... The barrel. Put a few drops of Loctite on the threads and screw it back on. When it cures unscrew the can. Try blue first but you may have to use red. You will need heat to remove the red.

Comment

Originally posted by GH41 View Post

Use the tool you have... The barrel. Put a few drops of Loctite on the threads and screw it back on. When it cures unscrew the can. Try blue first but you may have to use red. You will need heat to remove the red.
      Or if you want to mount it permanently, and not come off under heat stress...use rockset which is heat resistant. If you ever need to remove the rockset soak in water. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by GH41 View Post

Was trying to do this off of the barrel, as the mount was timed to a rifle I no longer have. So wanted to get it out of the can and time it to a new rifle. Didn't want to glue it to the new barrel before timing, and can't really see very well to time it on new barrel while it's in the can...
        punching paper.. plinking plates.. busting bottles.. cracking clays.... shooting something!!

Comment

Originally posted by combat45acp View Post

Or if you want to mount it permanently, and not come off under heat stress...use rockset which is heat resistant. If you ever need to remove the rockset soak in water. Good luck.
          Think I'm going to try the rock set on this next barrel once I can get timing close. Thanks

Comment

https://forum.snipershide.com/forum/...an-make-a-tool
            ...I cut it twice and it was still too short...

The user known as L98S10 on the old new Sniper's Hide

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. - A Tocqueville

Comment

Everytime I click on the link it says invalid?.....

Comment

Have you run to the hardware store or parts store maybe, like napa. To see if they have a 5/8x24 bolt and nut?

Comment

Originally posted by supercorndogs View Post
                  Have you run to the hardware store or parts store maybe, like napa. To see if they have a 5/8x24 bolt and nut?
                  5/8 - 11 & 5/8 - 18 was the only thing I saw right off

i think those are the standard coarse and fine threads

Comment

Everytime I click on the link it says invalid?.....
                    Grrrr... I obviously messed up the pasting of that link. Let's try again:

...I cut it twice and it was still too short...

The user known as L98S10 on the old new Sniper's Hide

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. - A Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by BurnOut View Post

Grrrr... I obviously messed up the pasting of that link. Let's try again:

Worked that time, thanks

thats about the idea I was having... he just made it a little more involved for that exact model

i was thinking just hex stock turned down & a jamb nut...

guess ill Iíll just have to go to the machine shop

Comment

http://alliedboltinc.com/Poleline-Ha...-WITH-NUT~8236

You wont find it in the standard bolt bin.

Comment

Originally posted by supercorndogs View Post
                          http://alliedboltinc.com/Poleline-Ha...-WITH-NUT~8236

You wont find it in the standard bolt bin.
                          Thanks... But
                          That's a 5/8-11 bolt that's 24" long
                          not a 5/8-24 thread....

Comment

Thanks... But
                            That's a 5/8-11 bolt that's 24" long
                            not a 5/8-24 thread....
                            LOL. I found another 5/8 24 inch long anchor bolt too.

Comment

Working...
                            X