728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ops Precision/UGSW Gunsmiths' Names

I don't recall the names of the two gunsmiths that used to work for BOP/UGSW but I know at least one of them has his own shop now. I talked with one a year ago when I picked up a lightly used BOP Recon model in 6.5CM and he said the builder's initials would be on the bottom of the receiver.

I wanted to verify the torque settings on the action screws and for some reason I don't have it in my notes. It's a pillared action in a Manners MCS-TF1-A stock and I was thinking it was 65 in/lbs. I know I can call Manners but I'd still like to know who built my rifle should I ever want to do some upgrades.

"The only thing new is the history you don't know."

Tim Cronin @ Elkhorn Precision
    Blackjack Pershing taught us all we need to know about dealing with Muslim Extremists.
    911 is government sponsered dial-a-prayer
    1st Cav. has been,"C" troop 1/9 Cav 68-69-70 RVN
    The wind is not your bitch
    Generally, you are the winds bitch. Fact!

Comment

Elkhorn Precision is closed. If it's a UGSW/BOP build, the first initial, last name will be etched on the bottom surface of the recoil lug. Action bolt torque is 65 in lbs.

MB

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I found a reference (although not on Manners' website) indicating the forward action screw should be 65 in/lbs and the rear 45 in/lbs. I'll verify tomorrow and post the update.

​​​​​​I took the stock off tonight to check the name and it's C. Bagnoli. When you mentioned Tim at EP; it rang a bell and that's who I talked to last year. His website is no longer up like you mentioned and I can find no mention of either gunsmith.

Comment

I talked with Manners and here's what they say. "If it has pillars in it I would look into 45 inch'lbs to start with and go up to 65. The specs for the mini chassis is 65 front and 45 rear. That is a solid piece of Aluminum in the mini chassis so it can handle it. With a bare stock with pillars I'd start with 45."

Comment

Why do you not want both screws torqued the same?

Comment

Originally posted by RonboF117 View Post
              C. Bagnoli.
              Colton Bagnoli

Comment

Torque both to 65 in lbs.

MB

Comment

Oh, for those wondering, my stock does not have the mini-chassis; it is pillared. Right now I'm experimenting with 45/55.

Comment

Ronbo:

You do realize that RAVAGE88 used to own BlackOps Precision, right?? If he says torque both to 65 in/lbs....probably what you should do!!

Tim Cronin was one of THE BEST gunsmiths I have ever worked with........he built me a 6.5 Creedmoor right before he closed his shop down & its an absolute HAMMER. Tim is pursuing a career in law enforcement....he's a great guy and one hell of a gunsmith!!

Comment

McMillan sells these.......https://mcmillanusa.com/product/45-lb-torque-limiter/

Comment

Working...
                      X