728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leofoto tripods

Does anyone here have any hands on experience with the Leofoto tripod legs? I am curious about the LN-404C or the LN-364C. At half the cost of a RRS or Gitzo, are they half as good? I think I saw one in a photo taken at the PRS finale this weekend but I canít be sure. I have read positive reviews on a few photographic forums but nothing from a shooters perspective.

I am testing out the LN-364C as we speak. VERY promising.
    Caution: Do not lick your computer screen. It's weird and people in the office look at you funny.

Comment

i own the LN-404C and it is very nice. Very robust, looks and feels great. Honestly cant tell much a difference between these and the RRS ive handled. I am using a RRS leveling head on mine.

Comment

Tag

Comment

I went ahead and bought one to try out. It was delivered today and I have to say my initial impression is positive. The tripod is solid and stable, all adjustment points are smooth and feel well made. The advertised weight was 5.7 lbs. this one trips the scale at an even 6 lbs. One pleasant surprise was that it included a Leofoto lh-40 ball head. There was no indication in any of the ads or description that a head would be included. Next step, weather permitting, will be some side by side field trials with a RRS set up.

Comment

Curious about these too.

Comment

I bought a 404C today to use with a RRS TA-3. Going to find out how it holds up and if it fits correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by Natestreo View Post
                I bought a 404C today to use with a RRS TA-3. Going to find out how it holds up and if it fits correctly!
                The ta-3 fits a 75mm bowl. The 404C is a 100mm and the 364c is a 75mm so I imagine you'll need an adapter.

ETA:I wasn't planning on it but I found a decent deal on a 364c last night and ordered it. We'll see how it turns out.
                Last edited by newguy2k3v2; 12-31-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

It comes with a 75mm adapter. I noticed that as well. I hope the fit will be okay after that. I noticed guys using the Feisols are shimming. I prefer not to do that.

Comment

Interesting. Never heard of these but I was just looking at the website and I like how the legs fold up and around the base. Adds a solid layer of protection.
                    The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne
                    "Do not pray for an easy life, acquire the strength to endure a difficult one" -Bruce Lee

Comment

I'm trying to get one for testing currently! They look pretty robust.
                      Owner, MK Machining:

We manufacture high quality precision shooting accessories. Throw levers, scope levels, modular reloading trays, waterjet cut AR500, etc.

mkmachining.com 10% off for Hide members, "SH10" at checkout

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Kemp View Post
                        I'm trying to get one for testing currently! They look pretty robust.
                        https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...EG&sku=1379015

Comment

FWIW .... the seller "OEC Cameras" is the primary seller on Amazon for these. The 364C is hard to find via Amazon/eBay but is available for $425 from US dealers, I can get you in touch if you're interested. I purchased my LN-404c from OEC Cameras via "best offer" on eBay for $500 shipped to me. I felt like the extra $75 was a no brainer for a tripod rated to the specs of the 404C, even if it is a brick.

I hope this helps others looking to purchase!

Comment

Iíve got a LN-364c coming in the next couple of weeks to try out. Read a preliminary review of them on accurateordinance.com and it seemed positive.
                            My GTG list: ballistic1, Grand, jasonk, LibertyOptics, SoCalSheepdog, elkhuntingguide, diggler44, HillBillySniper, Ts1, dtask, krw, blaster7, htony1, ker2222, 21Bravo, ewoaf, M1Tanker, Jer, pwc001, Broz, MLC

Comment

ive just posted my LN-404c for sale in accessories if anyone is looking for one.

Comment

What made you decide to sell it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoyz View Post
                                  What made you decide to sell it?
                                  Iíll be buying another when it warms up, just freeing up some funds to work on a 22 build.

Comment

I got the leofoto LN324c a few days ago. Initial unpacking had me pleasantly surprised on the quality, I don't have a RRS to compare it to but initially I don't see any reason to spend $1k plus on a RRS. Maybe my opinion will change after I use it. I will try to report back on my thoughts after some use. I am going to throw a leofoto LH55 ballhead on it this week when it arrives, then I will know just how good of a deal this was.
                                    Last edited by ksanoski; 01-12-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

A friend and I did a video on his Leofoto LN-404C tripod. From our experiences we believe it's on par with the other high performance carbon fiber tripods.

https://youtu.be/2LklC9-ppes

Comment

Received my LN-404C today. Unfortunately it didnt come with the 75mm bowl adapter that it was stated to have come with. As a result, I cant attach my RRS TA-3-LC to it. I'm wondering if that leveling head will work with this even with a bowl adapter, based on the design. Going to give BH Photo and Video a call and check tomorrow.

Note .... i'm 230lbs and this was EASILY strong enough to let me balance myself on it. Not a bit of flex or give. I could have done a handstand confidently without feeling like it was going to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe Left View Post
                                          A friend and I did a video on his Leofoto LN-404C tripod. From our experiences we believe it's on par with the other high performance carbon fiber tripods.

https://youtu.be/2LklC9-ppes
                                          Looks like youíre having no issues in that video with a 75mm bowl adapter. I hope thatís all I have to do for the RRS to work

Comment

Originally posted by Natestreo View Post
                                            Received my LN-404C today. Unfortunately it didnt come with the 75mm bowl adapter that it was stated to have come with. As a result, I cant attach my RRS TA-3-LC to it. I'm wondering if that leveling head will work with this even with a bowl adapter, based on the design. Going to give BH Photo and Video a call and check tomorrow.

Note .... i'm 230lbs and this was EASILY strong enough to let me balance myself on it. Not a bit of flex or give. I could have done a handstand confidently without feeling like it was going to give.
                                            I believe the LN-404C is rated for 100 lbs. But that is impressive.

Comment

Just an FYI the 75mm or 100mm etc are the "BOWL" size not the yoke opening. An adapter that changes the "Bowl" size isn't how the RRS TA-3 works. The RRS TA-3 mounts to the Apex opening not the the way the video balls mount.

Look at the Apex photo that is top down here it may give you a better idea. There is alos info on the opeing dims https://forum.snipershide.com/forum/...33-feisol-3372

Anyway, if someone can identify the Apex opening you might have a better idea - don't focus on the "Bowl" /ball size. Here is the part that must match up with the RRS -TA-3 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...d_adapter.html

But it looks like the TA-3 work not work as the opening looks too large..
                                              Just thought I'd toss out more leveling head info. There is already a great thread on here showing the Feisol 3372 with the RRS TA-UL-LC. My intent here, is to
                                              Last edited by Diver160651; 01-09-2018, 08:39 PM.
                                              ELR DIY Target Cam tested well past 2000m
                                              NOTE: images etc do not display correctly in the Tapatalk app

Comment

I was thinking that .... the RRS TA-3-LC uses the set screws dr the series 3 RRS and Gitzo tripods to lock it in. Even if I got a 75mm bowl adapter Iím not sure that it would actually provide anything to lock the Leveling head in. I believe weíre on the same page.

Comment

For what itís worth, the TA-3-LC works perfectly with the LN-364 tripod. F9B44171-02A1-483E-8BCE-3B0CBA407EAB.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                                  X