Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRS leveling base squeaking, sticking.

Hey guys,

I just installed an RRS leveling base on my RRS tripod. Previously, I was using the BH-40 ball head and it worked great but I wanted to try the leveling base for added stability. I assume there is something wrong with the piece I received as I haven't even had it out of the house yet and it makes a loud squeak when I move the rifle around. If I take the rifle off, the movement of the base is sticky. According to the instructions, there isn't any user lubrication required. I'm planning on calling RRS tomorrow but I wanted to see if there was something I'm not thinking about (hopefully) so I can hit the range first thing in the morning.

Thank you!

Same here. I use this on my CF crossbow bolts, amazing stuff, so I gave it a try on my RRS leveling base. Just a little on the base and it moves without noise and does not stick, does not collect dust etc...

http://www.scorpionvenom-archery.com...release-fluid/

Comment

I had the same issue with one and called RRS. They said I could ship it ship it to them for repair/replace. It was easier and cheaper to return it to the retailer. My replacement was much better. Out of curiosity, where did you buy it?

Comment

I bought it directly from RRS.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitRearView View Post
          Same here. I use this on my CF crossbow bolts, amazing stuff, so I gave it a try on my RRS leveling base. Just a little on the base and it moves without noise and does not stick, does not collect dust etc...

http://www.scorpionvenom-archery.com...release-fluid/
          Thank you!

Comment

I spoke with RRS today, they suggested using this to lubricate the bowl and base:
            IMG_5702.jpg
            It worked great, the movement is very smooth and lockup seems tighter. This is available at Home Depot and Lowes.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X