728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Radar on sale

Midway has them for $499, not a bad deal.....

Good to know. Friends don’t let friends use Mail Innovations / Smartpost from Midway or Brownells.
    Order a box of .22 ammo as part of the order so they have to ship it UPS or FedEx instead.
    The Dollar Decides How Far you can Go !!

Comment

Capt Nemo, that is brilliant. I ordered a Sinclair rod guide from Brownells and UPS delivered it to the post office, who immediately lost it by sending it to the wrong city. The guide was backordered, so I had to wait forever for Brownells to replace it. A month or so later they sent it again and I requested UPS only. It arrived, then a couple of weeks later the post office finally found the first one and delivered it. I called Brownells and they just said to keep it.

Had I done what you suggested, it would have avoided all that, but I didn't know they sent things that way at the time. I do now!

Comment

Has anyone had problems with this unit in the rain or cold? Have read a few accounts that weather can impact it's accuracy but now sure that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNemo View Post
          Good to know. Friends don’t let friends use Mail Innovations / Smartpost from Midway or Brownells.
          Order a box of .22 ammo as part of the order so they have to ship it UPS or FedEx instead.
          Excellent tip, thanks!

Comment

As an update, the "Long Range Hunting store" has them for that price too beginning Nov. 17th.

Comment

Nice pro tip! Thanks

Comment

I’d love to claim credit for figuring out the “add some ammo to the order so that shipping is two to three days faster” advice on my own, but fair is fair. I got this “life hack” from arfcom when I was complaining about Midway / Brownells using POS Smartpost / Mail Innovations. Just passing that little tidbit of info along.

Comment

I’d love to claim credit for figuring out the “add some ammo to the order so that shipping is two to three days faster” advice on my own, but fair is fair. I got this “life hack” from arfcom when I was complaining about Midway / Brownells using POS Smartpost / Mail Innovations. Just passing that little tidbit of info along.
                  A humble & honest man......

Comment

Originally posted by Fursniper View Post

A humble & honest man......
                    Generally, I’m FOS !!!!

Comment

Bruno Shooters Supply also has them on sale.
                      One of the best things about forums is being able to learn from others.
                      From them you can learn; what to do, what not to do and what to do "when you do" what not to do

Comment

Pretty much everyone that carries them now has them on sale for the same price. Kind of makes one wonder if there's a new version about to come out. I talked with them recently, and they did confirm to me that they are about to come out with a firmware update that will allow you to control the unit remotely from your phone via bluetooth (which is already in the unit from Day 1). This will allow you to control it from behind the rifle if you have to set it up out of reach in front of the muzzle (i.e. shooting suppressed) to trigger it. But nothing was said about a new version. I also suggested they consider making them more robust, but part of the problem is that the back cover needs to be kept thin for the radar to go through it. I suggested something with rugged, shock mounted borders that protect all around but leave the back open - like an Otterbox does for a phone and still allows you to use the fragile screen while keeping it protected.

Comment

I would like to see them make it $150 cheaper by eliminating the screen and controls outright and controlling it via the phone using an app.

Easier to make it tough and resistant to water that way. Also maybe setup a WiFi connection and repeater so it could be placed downrange. Imagine setting up in the target area for far down range BC monitoring?
                          Taxation: The realization that taking half of every person's money is the same as completely enslaving half of the people.

Please take my Optics Survey:
                          http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...0168#Post380168

Comment

Originally posted by vh20 View Post
                            Kind of makes one wonder if there's a new version about to come out...
                            Does make you think. Remember Shot Show is just a couple of months away.

One of the best things about forums is being able to learn from others.
                            From them you can learn; what to do, what not to do and what to do "when you do" what not to do

Comment

Working...
                            X