Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LONG RANGE ARMS (send it) electronic level ?

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LONG RANGE ARMS (send it) electronic level ?

Has anyone used one of these new electronic levels ? your thoughts.

Got a link?
    Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your HONOR

Comment

Originally posted by jtv3062 View Post
      Got a link?
      https://long-range-arms.myshopify.com/

Comment

No different then a visual bubble level. I like it b/c you don't need to remain focused on the bubble and can look at the LED lights; but, I still look at my spuhr bubble level. A bit on the pricey side too. I mount mine off my spuhr mount up and down not horizontal off the action's pic rail. Anyone who shoots tactical matches and tosses their gun on barricades, transitions back and forth from stage to stage should be careful that you don't totally break this and deform your action if you aggressively bang or bend it on a barricade especially when it's mounted horizontally on your actions pic rail.

Comment

Anyone else have feedback on this???

Comment

I think it's relatively new, that and the price probably mean not a lot of people using them. My thoughts: doesn't seem to do anything a $40 bubble level doesn't already do. Sure its bright and the LED's are easy to read but I prefer to K.I.S.S and feel a bubble level has less chances to go wrong/bad.

Comment

I shoot subsonics with a high trajectory, I have 25moa scope mounts and my scope heights is 3.25" .... all three of these situations exacerbate canting errors and POI shifts so I am trying it out, especially for a nighttime vehicle like mine, where a bubble is worthless because you cant see it. Ill post more when it gets here and after I try it out. I am planning on a verticle mount as previous member suggested

Comment

I sent them an email the other day about whether it could be mounted on the right side to accommodate a LH shooter. They said it could but that they were coming out with a new model in a couple of weeks. Told me to wait for that one.
                It’s not how fast you go; it’s how long you can go fast

Comment

Not much difference in function than the Deros Level Grouse that was available 12 or so years ago. The Deros worked well so sure these will as well. They are smaller than the Deros version.
                  www.teamblaster.net

Comment

Used a Deros Level Grouse for a while. Advantage over a bubble level is that you didn't have to shift your focus from crosshairs to the level and back. I would stay on the crosshair and open my non-shooting eye and catch the LED (either red or green to tell you which way you were canted) in the periphery. Thing used to eat batteries though.

Comment

Its perfect for nighttime and this model can be mounted left,right,top or upside down. device remembers all 4 settings. sensitivity adjustable, dimmable, auto off. Im all-in, true badd @ss level.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nik H View Post
                        I sent them an email the other day about whether it could be mounted on the right side to accommodate a LH shooter. They said it could but that they were coming out with a new model in a couple of weeks. Told me to wait for that one.
                        The new device will not have a bubble and it will be less money...the electronics are the same

Comment

well that worked out, my best placement ever

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerthatout View Post

The new device will not have a bubble and it will be less money...the electronics are the same
                            That sounds good will be looking out for it.Anyone know what agencies are actually using this ?

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 25 View Post

That sounds good will be looking out for it.Anyone know what agencies are actually using this ?
                              It looks like it is for sale now; $189.00
                              https://long-range-arms.myshopify.co...ts/send-it-xsl

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadr99 View Post

It looks like it is for sale now; $189.00
                                https://long-range-arms.myshopify.co...ts/send-it-xsl
                                yes it is

Comment

Watched two guys with these mounted in a Long Range Class last weekend, both were successful out to 1200 and 1600 yards with targets. One was shooting a .260, and the other was a 6.5 CM. Both rifles were Savages, the LRP model if I ID'ed them correctly.

Both shooters seemed to be happy with the performance, though I did see them doing some bench work on the scopes in the first day of the class - looked like they were working out the leveling between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by AH64guy View Post
                                    Watched two guys with these mounted in a Long Range Class last weekend, both were successful out to 1200 and 1600 yards with targets. One was shooting a .260, and the other was a 6.5 CM. Both rifles were Savages, the LRP model if I ID'ed them correctly.

Both shooters seemed to be happy with the performance, though I did see them doing some bench work on the scopes in the first day of the class - looked like they were working out the leveling between the two.
                                    I have yet to see anyone with these.i am still on the fence with this product I do like the fact they lowered the cost some.there are also guys out there shooting the same distance without any level.wish I could try one out for myself.

Comment

I have 5 of these and swear by them. They can be mounted to the rail or the scope with rings. A lot easier that trying to see the bubble level on some guns.

Comment

My good buddy has one of these on his rifle. Grant it, as far as precision rifles go, I am a competition shooter and hobbyist. Regarding a PRS-type purpose rifle, I think it is one of the most obnoxious pieces of gear that could ever be mounted to a rifle. It is in a unique quandary, wherein, the indicators are flashing LED's (red, blue and green IIRC) and the sensitivity of the unit is extreme (as it should be, being a level, of course). So when you are getting your rifle into position, this contraption is going ape shit with the flashing lights. My best description for folks is to imagine trying to get your rifle "level" with a slot machine mounted on your picatinny while it's hitting the jackpot. Obnoxious is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

Now, if we are talking in terms of stationary shooting, such as F-Class stuff, I think this rig may be more appropriate. Outside of that, it is distracting as all hell.

Comment

Originally posted by FALex View Post
                                          My good buddy has one of these on his rifle. Grant it, as far as precision rifles go, I am a competition shooter and hobbyist. Regarding a PRS-type purpose rifle, I think it is one of the most obnoxious pieces of gear that could ever be mounted to a rifle. It is in a unique quandary, wherein, the indicators are flashing LED's (red, blue and green IIRC) and the sensitivity of the unit is extreme (as it should be, being a level, of course). So when you are getting your rifle into position, this contraption is going ape shit with the flashing lights. My best description for folks is to imagine trying to get your rifle "level" with a slot machine mounted on your picatinny while it's hitting the jackpot. Obnoxious is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

Now, if we are talking in terms of stationary shooting, such as F-Class stuff, I think this rig may be more appropriate. Outside of that, it is distracting as all hell.
                                          Agree 100%. Only good for F class or precision bench or long range stationary shooting.

Comment

The sensitivity is adjustable, and the brightness of the LEDs is also adjustable.

Comment

Mine is ordered !

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                              X