728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC Steel Target

Finally got my first steel target for my birthday (thanks, mom!). 12" circle, 3/8" thick AR500 from JC Steel Targets! Just gotta build my own stand to hang it from. Kinda miffed that I won't be able to knock the paint off it this weekend, but it will be soon enough!

It starts with just one, then the next thing you know, you'll have various sizes of silhouettes, steel shapes, and stands filling up your truck.

The first few times you hit that new target, the impacts will likely not stand out as much as you expect. After it's been used and painted and reused and repainted a few times, impacts will be more pronounced.

Comment

Congrats I just keep buying them and adding to my range. Great targets.

Comment

JC Steel is great to deal with and they are priced right. I have about a dozen now. Really enjoy them.

Comment

I was just looking at ar500 steel 6" and 8" round plates over on Amazon w/free shipping. This is a sign from god, its time to invest in more heavy metals!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IanHusaberg View Post
            I was just looking at ar500 steel 6" and 8" round plates over on Amazon w/free shipping. This is a sign from god, its time to invest in more heavy metals!!!!!
            My mom wishes that she had gotten free shipping! That extra $20 was a little harsher than she expected

Comment

Originally posted by heh View Post
              JC Steel is great to deal with and they are priced right. I have about a dozen now. Really enjoy them.
              I think one will do me for now. I chose the 12" circle because I thought it would be a good target for anything I would want to shoot (100-800 yards=12-1.5MOA). Now all the other funds will go towards a scope that tracks and more ammunition!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLeupold View Post

My mom wishes that she had gotten free shipping! That extra $20 was a little harsher than she expected
                It's actually for when you order 600lbs of steel at the same time. If there wasn't a flat rate, you'd pay 100s in shipping costs due to the weight.

No one buys just one plate!
                10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjšger 'Bayern'
                Hammelburg 1999
                {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001
                TF 51/236 Afghanistan

MRAD Masterrace

Comment

I think one will do me for now. I chose the 12" circle because I thought it would be a good target for anything I would want to shoot (100-800 yards=12-1.5MOA). Now all the other funds will go towards a scope that tracks and more ammunition!
                  Yeah, good point. But when you are ready to order more steel, think about ordering as much as 75 pounds in one order and it will still be only $20 shipping. Bless the USPS when it comes to shipping small heavy things.

Comment

I've been really happy with my JC targets. Great people to do business with.

Comment

Originally posted by lash

Yeah, good point. But when you are ready to order more steel, think about ordering as much as 75 pounds in one order and it will still be only $20 shipping. Bless the USPS when it comes to shipping small heavy things.
                      Well, crap...That's great news for future purchases!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words guys!! Mark, go put some bullet marks on that beauty!
                        Jake Vibbert-
                        PREMIUM-AR500 STEEL TARGETS!!!
                        ****Check out jcsteeltargets.com****

--2 Cor-5:17--

Comment

I've ordered my fair share of targets from Jake and he's always treated me right. His prices are fair, shipping is fast and he's very helpful when asking about targets for a particular application. It's a pleasure doing business with a person who cares about his customers.
                          One of the best things about forums is being able to learn from others.
                          From them you can learn; what to do, what not to do and what to do "when you do" what not to do

Comment

MarkL, I have been very happy with all of my JC Steel targets over the years.
                            If I may make a kind suggestion: I don't know your location but I have found using either used conveyer belting material
                            or used bailer belts work great for hanging steel. Cut these into strip and use them to suspend your new target.
                            The material is very forgiving of bullet impacts and is reasonably easy to cut to length and width.
                            Luckily we have plenty of both in the Midwest.
                            Enjoy!

Comment

There is nothing like good steel targets! Quality choice my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmd
                                MarkL, I have been very happy with all of my JC Steel targets over the years.
                                If I may make a kind suggestion: I don't know your location but I have found using either used conveyer belting material
                                or used bailer belts work great for hanging steel. Cut these into strip and use them to suspend your new target.
                                The material is very forgiving of bullet impacts and is reasonably easy to cut to length and width.
                                Luckily we have plenty of both in the Midwest.
                                Enjoy!
                                That's what I was planning on doing. We've probably got some laying around the farm somewhere. That and a little stand that I can break down made out of some scrap metal. I've got a winner on my mind once I get home for the summer to build it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just ordered 25,40,and 45% ipsc along with the 66% double flapper can't wait to set them up along with the 5 round plate kyl target rack I built.

Comment

Jake is a great guy to do business with. I've bought a ton of steel from him and he's always delivered quality steel that shipped quickly.

Comment

Best steel targets I ever owned!

Comment

I bought the 66% double flapper and it's a great target, most challenging to hit to 2" head flapper at distance for sure. Lots of fun
                                        "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" -Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Finally got my first steel target for my birthday (thanks, mom!). 12" circle, 3/8" thick AR500 from JC Steel Targets! Just gotta build my own stand to hang it from. Kinda miffed that I won't be able to knock the paint off it this weekend, but it will be soon enough!
                                          So you can order a 9" t-post bracket from JC that will allow you to put your plate on a metal t-post. T-posts are cheap $3-$4 and you can put them at different distances and just move your target. You can also hang the plate from conveyor belt material or fire hose as has been mentioned. JC sells a conveyor belt kit. My club has ordered thousands of dollars of JC Steel and we are very happy with the product and CS. Good Luck!

https://jcsteeltargets.configio.com/...ctlist&cid=391

https://jcsteeltargets.configio.com/...&source=search

Comment

Working...
                                          X