728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Building a Rooftop Barricade

Not sure if this goes here, but I have a question about building a rooftop barricade. I don't want to use shingles due to the tar/ asphalt. Should I consider paint with some type of additive or is there a better solution? TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wood shingles?

Comment

Does it really need a proper roof covering? Painted plywood should be fine, or go pressure treated if you're worried about exposure.
      I am The German's spirit animal

Comment

I am pretty open minded at this time. My only exposure has been at BWRS matches in the Midwest, using shingled and unpainted rooftops. I just know I don't want to deal with asphalt or tar getting on clothes and then on car interiors etc. I haven't bought the sheeting yet I could use treated. I don't have any experience with wood shingles I don't know how durable they would be with people climbing around on them constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by CavReconScout View Post
          I am pretty open minded at this time. My only exposure has been at BWRS matches in the Midwest, using shingled and unpainted rooftops. I just know I don't want to deal with asphalt or tar getting on clothes and then on car interiors etc. I haven't bought the sheeting yet I could use treated. I don't have any experience with wood shingles I don't know how durable they would be with people climbing around on them constantly.

Totally understandable. Asphalt roof shingles suck, especially in the summer. Painted or treated plywood (not OSB) should be all you need unless there's some criteria I'm missing.
          I am The German's spirit animal

Comment

I think you would be ok with paint and a 2x4 across the bottom to brace your feet against.
            Accuracy International AT
            Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
            SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
            Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

Working...
            X