Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

223 Ackley Improved

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 223 Ackley Improved

    I saw an "All Ackey" thread, but nothing specific to just the 223AI.

    Fire Forming load
    LC Brass - 1x fired and prepped to FF
    CCI 450
    IMR8208XBR @ 24.0gn
    Berger 80.5gn seated at 2.485" COAL
    22" 7 twist Rock Creek #4
    Defiance Deviant
    Jon Beanland built
    5x @ 100yds measured 0.2455" CTC


    "I'm your Huckleberry"
    -J.H. Holliday

  • #2
    Anyone have any loads to add??
    "I'm your Huckleberry"
    -J.H. Holliday

    Comment


    • #3
      27in.krieger,stiller tac30 action,calvin elite trigger,MDS chassis,,lapau virgin brass,cci450 primer...
      fire forming @ 24.0 varget using 75 AMAX and 80 berger VLD...both look promicing ,same loads now @ once fired cases !!!!
      only 75 rnds.down new weapon...time will tell...now going to 25g. 0f Varget...

      Comment


      • #4
        Deviant Tactical 223AI
        26",1:7.7 Bartlein
        by Stuteville Precision

        FF load
        75Amax @ 2.450"
        25.0gr TAC
        WSR primers
        virgin Win brass

        3015fps and VERY accurate


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by knockemdown View Post
          Deviant Tactical 223AI
          26",1:7.7 Bartlein
          by Stuteville Precision

          FF load
          75Amax @ 2.450"
          25.0gr TAC
          WSR primers
          virgin Win brass

          3015fps and VERY accurate

          Fred, Mr. Wade makes a mean rifle. If he plumbed one up for you, I know it will shoot.
          "I'm your Huckleberry"
          -J.H. Holliday

          Comment


          • #6
            I run 2, 223ai and they both shoot 80 amax and 80 vlds over 25.0gr Varget. One is a 30" Brux and the other is a 20" Krieger. I've run them up to 25.7 when I found pressure and they both shot best at 25.0

            .100" free bore
            Laupa brass
            Rem 7 1/2
            Life is meant to be spent not saved!

            Comment


            • #7
              Impressive!

              Comment


              • #8
                .223 AI is a Killer practice Round. Matches the 6.5 CM almost exactly out to 600.

                25.1 Varget and 75 amax

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BLopina View Post
                  .223 AI is a Killer practice Round. Matches the 6.5 CM almost exactly out to 600.

                  25.1 Varget and 75 amax
                  And what's not to like about using only 25gr of powder vs the 40+ in the creed or 260
                  Life is meant to be spent not saved!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And excellent barrel life as well.
                    "I'm your Huckleberry"
                    -J.H. Holliday

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Geno C. View Post
                      I run 2, 223ai and they both shoot 80 amax and 80 vlds over 25.0gr Varget. One is a 30" Brux and the other is a 20" Krieger. I've run them up to 25.7 when I found pressure and they both shot best at 25.0

                      .100" free bore
                      Laupa brass
                      Rem 7 1/2

                      What differece in velocity between the two barrel lengths?
                      First seek ye the kingdom of God and all things shall be added unto you.http://youtu.be/A9nsDY2o0Vs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'll have to check when I get home in August but it pretty sure they're both in a node 25fps apart. The short one runs 2875ish and the long one 2900ish. I have a 75lbs of brass and I've have thought about hammering on it to see what itll take but haven't yet.
                        Life is meant to be spent not saved!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tag

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X