728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6mm Dasher & 110 SMK's

There is some good discussion in the FB group, but I thought I'd share, as well as ask, here too for those that don't do the FB thing.

Open discussion about the 110 gr SMK bullets in your 6-Dasher.
    Last edited by earthquake; 07-07-2017, 09:27 AM. Reason: Spellin'
    SGT, USMC
    3/6 STA Plt. '93 - '96

JADE Precision
    JADE Precision on FB
    JADE Tactical

What BC are you guys using?
    In talking with the Area419 Team guys, they said they use a 0.315 G7 in their 6-Creeds.

I did a ladder test recently at 517-yds using a 0.316 G7 (entered the known G1 in Kestrel Link and switched it to G7 to get that number) and it was gtg for that distance anyway.

Vertical dispersion for my load was <1/2".

Interestingly, when I updated my bullet library, AB says G7 for this bullet is 0.303. I am shooting a match next weekend and will see then how they do out farther.

Edit to add: My load - 30.8-gr H4895, CCI 450, Lapua, 2.400" OAL, 8-twist Hawk Hill.
    SGT, USMC
    3/6 STA Plt. '93 - '96

JADE Precision
    JADE Precision on FB
    JADE Tactical

Comment

Originally posted by earthquake View Post
      What BC are you guys using?
      In talking with the Area419 Team guys, they said they use a 0.315 G7 in their 6-Creeds.

I did a ladder test recently at 517-yds using a 0.316 G7 (entered the known G1 in Kestrel Link and switched it to G7 to get that number) and it was gtg for that distance anyway.

Vertical dispersion for my load was <1/2".

Interestingly, when I updated my bullet library, AB says G7 for this bullet is 0.303. I am shooting a match next weekend and will see then how they do out farther.

Edit to add: My load - 30.8-gr H4895, CCI 450, Lapua, 2.400" OAL, 8-twist Hawk Hill.
      Whats your velocity?

Comment

2,840 fps.
        DA was 2,400'
        1,157' asl, 81į F

2.6-MIL's
        SGT, USMC
        3/6 STA Plt. '93 - '96

JADE Precision
        JADE Precision on FB
        JADE Tactical

Comment

H4895, F205M, 110SMK, seated at 2.42 OAL to fit the PVA AICS insert - 2970 fps. Now I have the ARC mag going to play with seating it out further because at 2.42 its about 100 thou jump.

Comment

Looks like some on FB are having success with 110s from a 1:8 twist...
            My Savage 110 long action 223AI

223AI/90gr Berger VLD

"Everybody says 'buy once Cry once' then tells a guy to start on a 308?" - Jon Lester

Comment

Originally posted by craigos View Post
              H4895, F205M, 110SMK, seated at 2.42 OAL to fit the PVA AICS insert - 2970 fps. Now I have the ARC mag going to play with seating it out further because at 2.42 its about 100 thou jump.
              What is your charge weight, and are you experiencing any pressure issues? Thanks
              SGT, USMC
              3/6 STA Plt. '93 - '96

JADE Precision
              JADE Precision on FB
              JADE Tactical

Comment

you wouldnt see any difference in a bc from .300 to .320 at 500yd. you need to shoot it out beyond 800 on watermarked steel or something. i am using .315 with a 7tw at 3060fps fwiw.

Comment

This is the load I've been running in competition:

110 @ ~ .015" jam
                  31.7 Varget
                  CCI 400
                  Lapua brass

2866 fps (magnetospeed at three sessions) - 26" 1-7.5 Kreiger
                  G7 of .315

Using these inputs in my BallisticsARC program has provided accurate data out to 1100 yds consistently.
                  Empirical results rule!

Comment

Also, I'm running a customized Primal Rights kit as the OAL of my setup was too long as it was manufactured. Shortened up the spacer on a belt sander and glued it in place.
                    Empirical results rule!

Comment

Originally posted by earthquake View Post

What is your charge weight, and are you experiencing any pressure issues? Thanks
                      31.65 (I use a sartorius, the 0.05 just put me dab smack in the middle of my node and forces me to do a better job at trickling). I went up to 31.8 and started getting some primer cratering so backed it down. This is also with a 2.42 OAL due to the BR AICS kits, now i am running ARC I will seat that bullet out 2.52 (10 thou) and that will reduce my overall pressure (pv=nRT Ideal gas law).

Comment

These shot great at a match this past Saturday. However, my Magnetospeed was saying 2,837 average velocity. But when I got to the range, actual drop at 1,000 said MV should be 2,880. I ran what speed the bullet was telling me on target, 2,880, and did well enough to take 4th place. I pointed them at steel and that's where they went.

The first stage was a 1,000 yard cold bore, and 7.6-mils nailed it.
                        I am jumping these 0.060" in an 8-twist, h4895.
                        SGT, USMC
                        3/6 STA Plt. '93 - '96

JADE Precision
                        JADE Precision on FB
                        JADE Tactical

Comment

Working...
                        X