Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-35 atacr what reticle

What reticle would u go with for elr

The one with the thinest lines in the reticle . . .

Comment

What Kingair said. That's the trade off with high mag for scopes-the reticle thickness. The high mag is great in low mirage conditions, but I rarely shoot this scope on 35x. Don't get me wrong-the optics, mechanical function are excellent, but the (MOAR in my case) reticle is heavy especially at distance. It's roughly 2x as thick as the SFP MOAR-T I prefer the MOAR-T in my 5-25 SFP ATACR for ELR with my .375CT. Remember, a 1MOA target at 2500 yrs occupies the same reticle space as a 1 MOA target at 100 yds.
      Other than that, Mil or MOA-either will be fine, pick a system and stick with it. Good luck.
      Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is enemy action!

Comment

If you are taking really long shots, you will most definitely be holding over a lot of elevation and windage, so a reticle such as the H59 or Tremor3 would make sense.

Unless you like making ELR precision shots while holding off into dead space...

Comment

I have both the H59 and Tremor 3. I went with the H59 in my newest scope. It will be on my .338LM I am taking to Tonopah 2 mile shoot. Then next year I am move it over to a .375CT.

Comment

the tremor 3 was the way i was leaning why the h59 over the tremor will either be to hard to make out target at elr

Comment

Thought you were looking for a reticle for ELR? You planning on holding 30+ mills and running at reduced magnification? For real ELR shooting the finest crosshair is the most effective.
              Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is enemy action!

Comment

some other people in this post where also suggesting the horus n tremor so thats why i asked the question if they don't work as well that what i wanted to know

Comment

I went with the H59 over the T3 because the almost the entire upper half on the reticule is open. To be honest I really like both of them. I am lucky and live in NW AZ so I have VERY long range shooting 15 min drive from the house. I could shoot 4000 yards if I wanted. When look at over 3000 yard neither reticule blocks out 1 meter targets. They both a thin and I have no trouble seeing the target.

Comment

do you have trouble seeing misses when they r down in the grid?

Comment

Originally posted by themayor View Post
                      do you have trouble seeing misses when they r down in the grid?
                      For ELR, minimum flight time would be 1.5 seconds, you should be able to pick any quadrant in your scope to spot with.

Comment

Working...
                      X