728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300NM build- 338CIP Mags?

I am placing the order for my Defiance action on Tuesday and starting to amass parts for a 300Norma build, and wanted to know if anyone is finding they wish they had the additional OAL available in a CIP mag? I already have quite a few standard 338LM mags but could easily sell them for CIP replacement. I am planning on running the 230s and similar heavies.

My 30-338 NM Improved has .225FB, and it shoots 215s @ 3.585". Nice fit from an Accurate (3.715" length) .338Lap 5rd magazine...

Comment

Hornady 225gr. ELD-M loaded at 3.6" for a barrel throated long for Berger 230's.
      I suspect you will never need the extra length for the 300NM.

Comment

If you ever want to shoot the Flatlines, you will want the longest mag possible. I can go to 3.830 in my AX mags and wish I could go longer.

Comment

If it's a new build, why not. you'll never have to worry about OAL.

Comment

I did with my build and I wouldn't go the shorter option. There's no disadvantage to going the CIP length option.

Comment

^^^ This. I've built 3 300NM. If it's a new build there is no reason not to go with a CIP length mags. If you need extra room it's there for you. My 300NM is a standard long action (Templar V2) with Badger M5 CIP length bottom metal. Wouldn't do anything different.
              Those who are merciful to the cruel, are cruel to the merciful. - Talmud

Comment

Can you get a double stack mag for the Norma?

Comment

Don't forget about the 245 Berger Hybrids...if/when they get released. Go long.

Comment

A little extra length never hurt anybody. Go for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X