728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kestrel??

I was wondering what kestrel would be the best for me? I don't have a smart phone and don't forsee getting one as long as I can get a flip phone. I know you can buy used one's and am fine doing that just don't want to be hamstrung not being able to get updates if I need them. I do shoot out past 1000 so thinking more than the sportsman.

So you guys that have them what would you say? I know black Fri is coming up, which one should I opt for and what's a good hide vendor to look at? Thanks in advance, especially if this should be in the stupid questions section.

Hagen

If shooting past 1000 yds, you should look at the 5700 Elite, you can compare them here https://kestrelmeters.com/pages/kest...ompare-chart-1.
    If you are not going to use a smart phone you will need a way to update the firmware, you will not need a Kestrel with LiNK but you will need this https://kestrelmeters.com/collection...or-5000-series. If you are thinking of buying a used Kestrel 4500 note that Applied Ballistics has not updated the firmware for that unit since December of 2015 so you will be missing out on all the software development and libraries added since then. When you are ready to buy one send me a pm and I can check on any discounts you may qualify for.

Comment

I highly suggest getting the K5700 Elite with LiNK. Even if you don't have a smart phone, you can always bluetooth it to tablet and to other devices. As the Kestrel's capabilities expand, you don't want to be left without connectivity to other devices.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. So I'm leaning toward the 5700 with link. Right now all I have is a kindle. Will I be able to do any updates needed with it? Also would I be able to take advantage of all the kestrel can do?

My wife has an iPhone but if she's not around it will still work fine as a stand alone unit? I already pack way too much stuff when I go shooting, just hoping the kestrel would help minimize a few things.

Thanks again, Hagen

Comment

Originally posted by Hagen View Post
          Thanks for the replies. So I'm leaning toward the 5700 with link. Right now all I have is a kindle. Will I be able to do any updates needed with it? Also would I be able to take advantage of all the kestrel can do?

My wife has an iPhone but if she's not around it will still work fine as a stand alone unit? I already pack way too much stuff when I go shooting, just hoping the kestrel would help minimize a few things.

Thanks again, Hagen
          Kindle No. iPhone yes.

Does not need the app to function.

Comment

Working...
          X