Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AB Profile Loader, Including native Mac version.

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AB Profile Loader, Including native Mac version.

New AB Profile Loader Available, including a native Mac version!

Change Log:

1) Garmin® Foretrex® 701 Ballistic Edition Compatible.
    2) New User Interface to make startup easier.
    3) Bullet Library Version 738. - http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/.../ABLibrary.pdf
    4) Current Version 60.
    5) Native Mac Version.
    6) Sight Scale Factor Support. - The Garmin Foretrex supports SSF (Tall Target Test Results)

Check it out here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/products/ab-profile-loader/

Download it here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/support/downloads/
    Last edited by DocUSMCRetired; 07-13-2017, 11:34 AM.

yessssss. downloading now for mac. I'll let ya know if it works.

Comment

annnnnddd download failed. OS is newest available, not sure why it failed. Tried saving it. It downloaded this time, but will not open. I unzipped the file and tried to open the application and nothing happens. It looks like it tries to open though.
      Last edited by Shanerbanner10; 07-13-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Hoping this works, I tried parallels with unbuntu and wine to get the pc version to work on a mac with no success.

edited to add my attempt was a no go. It gets halfway through verification, bounces the app icon a few times and disappears.
        Last edited by Qazwsx; 07-13-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Could y'all potentially add a feature on the app that would allow non link users to just plug their kestrel into their phones directly? Seems like the kestrel elite, once you factor in the cost of the cable is a waste of time over the link version.

Comment

I was able to download the Mac version on a MacBook Pro running Sierra. I had to control-click-open the app because it wasn't recognized as approved. But, the app wouldn't connect with the Kestrel 4500. An error dialog box popped up and the app closed when I clicked on the connect button.

I was was able to use AB Profile Loader ver 60 on a Windows 7 box. This version read and wrote profiles to the Kestrel much faster than the previous version. Now all I need is the CDM for 375 cal Flatlines.

Comment

Why does my profile loader freeze at 80% on the last profile when "getting profiles from kestrel"

this is happens on the new software and the older version I had.

Kestrel 4500ab on the latest firmware. Haven't had this issue in the past but I haven't changed profiles in 8 months either..

see image

"The Catholics have churches, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have the Pawtucket Brewery." Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by northern50 View Post
                Why does my profile loader freeze at 80% on the last profile when "getting profiles from kestrel"

this is happens on the new software and the older version I had.

Kestrel 4500ab on the latest firmware. Haven't had this issue in the past but I haven't changed profiles in 8 months either..

see image
                Try creating new profiles from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanerbanner10 View Post
                  yessssss. downloading now for mac. I'll let ya know if it works.
                  It only works with the Garmin 701 via Mac at this time. This was a miscommunication.

Comment

any plans on making the 5700 mac compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by Qazwsx View Post
                      any plans on making the 5700 mac compatible?
                      The 5700 has the iOS app on Apple devices.

Comment

Originally posted by DocUSMCRetired View Post

The 5700 has the iOS app on Apple devices.
                        Will this work if my kestrel is plugged directly into the phone? I have a kestrel 5700 that uses the USB cable

Comment

Originally posted by Qazwsx View Post

Will this work if my kestrel is plugged directly into the phone? I have a kestrel 5700 that uses the USB cable
                          How exactly would you do that? Plug into phone I mean
                          The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne
                          "Do not pray for an easy life, acquire the strength to endure a difficult one" -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalDillhole View Post

How exactly would you do that? Plug into phone I mean
                            The make lightning port to USB adapters as well as micro usb to USB.

Comment

This software is for PC and Mac only, so you will not be able to use it on a phone. There are apps for that.

Comment

So there continues to be this hate relationship between the MAC and the Kestrel 4500 AB for some reason. I wonder what MAC ever did to the 4500... maybe killed its dog or something?

Why? why?....WWWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYAAA?
                                Well someone has to clean the shit off the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaZielmeister View Post
                                  So there continues to be this hate relationship between the MAC and the Kestrel 4500 AB for some reason. I wonder what MAC ever did to the 4500... maybe killed its dog or something?

Why? why?....WWWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYAAA?
                                  Using an older 4500 on a newer mac will give you issues because the BT protocols in the new mac don't like the old one in the kestrel. That's why up until the 5700 you couldn't connect to an iPad or an iPhone.
                                  The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne
                                  "Do not pray for an easy life, acquire the strength to endure a difficult one" -Bruce Lee

Comment

Will this new Profile Loader work with a non-Link Kestrel 5700 Elite AB with Firm Ware Version 1.13?

I'm trying to 'unlock' the new library by downloading profiles from my Kestrel and I get to the "Get Profiles From Kestrel" stage and it say "Receiving Profiles..." progress 0% and it pretty much stays here, making no progress...

I would rather not upgrade to FW 1.15 because 1.13 is working great for me - everything is setup and putting out awesomeness for me. Don't want to start over like upgrades to latest FW versions always seem to require...

thanks DocUSMC ! You guys have a great product here and I love my 5700 AB!

Comment

Originally posted by DocUSMCRetired View Post
                                      This software is for PC and Mac only, so you will not be able to use it on a phone. There are apps for that.
                                      DOC,

The MAC selection on the link you provided for download is grayed out! Any idea about what is going on?
                                      It’s not how fast you go; it’s how long you can go fast

Comment

Originally posted by Nik H View Post

DOC,

The MAC selection on the link you provided for download is grayed out! Any idea about what is going on?
                                        It is being worked on. FW Version 1.14 and 1.15 apply to devices that require Bluetooth version of the Elite. So there won't be an update for non Bluetooth versions until its needed.

Comment

Thanks Doc.

I downloaded the Windows version as I also run Windows10 on my Mac. Looks pretty nice. What is the advantage of this versus using the app over BT? I assume speed and ease of use but am I missing anything else?
                                          It’s not how fast you go; it’s how long you can go fast

Comment

Originally posted by Nik H View Post
                                            Thanks Doc.

I downloaded the Windows version as I also run Windows10 on my Mac. Looks pretty nice. What is the advantage of this versus using the app over BT? I assume speed and ease of use but am I missing anything else?
                                            Nothing, it is simply there for those without Bluetooth on their device. The App currently has AB Connect™ so it has a library advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                            X