Will a Big Horn Origin fit in a Defiance Deviant Medium Action Inlet (Remington 700 Short Action Footprint)??

Vapour1ze

New Hide Member
Oct 8, 2018
Will a Big Horn Origin action fit in a remington 700 short action foot print? Looks like it will, I just want to be sure, I heard I might need to open up "something I don't recall" a bit more?

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2006
Southern California
Short answer, yes. There are some differences though, and the actual stock youre interested in matters. Most notable difference in in the bolt handles. They’re both slightly swept, but quite different in shape. For some chassis, like newer AI’s, it won’t matter because the bolt handle cutout is generic. Traditional stocks tend to follow the bolt much tighter, and follow it’s lines.

Last edited:

Vapour1ze

New Hide Member
Oct 8, 2018
Short answer, yes. There are some differences though, and the actual stock your interested in matters. Most notable difference are the bolt handles. They’re both slightly swept, but quite different in shape. For some chassis, like newer AI’s, it won’t matter because the bolt handle cutout is generic. Traditional stocks tend to follow the bolt much tighter, and follow it’s lines.
Thanks for the explanation, looking at T4A's PRS1... Not sure which, yet.

Aug 28, 2007
Chico, Ca
I have a stock like you are discussing along with an Origin action. The ejection port is a little bit longer on the origin action, and the bolt handle notch may need to be deepened slightly due to the thickness of the origin handle. Both of these are easy to do yourself if you are remotely handy.

Vapour1ze

New Hide Member
Oct 8, 2018
I actually am changing directions... I ordered a JAE700 and am upping the action to a tl3... I hope I’m happy with how this goes...