Who is your favorite football player of all time?

Kyskeet

Private
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2017
Bob Trumpy TE Cincinnatti Bengals mid 70s. I was a cincinnatti boy and played TE also. Never got to go to a game but I would isolate on him on every play on TV games.

Winged Pig

Punch Echo, Punch Mike
Belligerents
Dec 11, 2011
Maryland
Don't post much, but had to chime in here. Hands down, Pat Fischer, and yes, I'm showing my age... He played corner for the Skins and was maybe 5-9 on a good day. He had epic battles with Harold Carmichael who was 6-8, but this was back when DB's could contact receivers as long as the ball was not in the air. Great battles and great football.

Also, he used to come to Hogette Spiggy's golf tournament every year in Southern Maryland to help him raise money for their charities. Seemed like a nice guy. The Hogettes raised over 100 million for various charities during their time and for a while Pat Fischer was there every year. Unfortunately, later on he stopped coming and when I asked Spiggy he said that Pat was suffering from Alzheimers and was not doing well. Sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Makarios031

Soulezoo

Hide Sommelier and Connoisseur of fine spirits
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2018
Here and there
Larry Csonka.

He put me up on his shoulders in training camp (Bradenton HS as I recall) and ran around camp with me until Shula told him to behave when I was a wee lad. Good times.

Reactions: oneshot86

acudaowner

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
Ed too tall Jones
they were all great to watch like watching the old movies of games in the mud and the blood it was great to watch .

Reactions: fanninland

gunjunkie45

Beer drinker
Belligerents
Nov 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Favre. Minus the little dick pic and the time in Minnesota. I live in Wisconsin and he was a hard playing mother.

Reactions: JMC

Kickin45

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Old school-Steve Largent
Modern-Calvin Johnson

Both were pros on and off the field. No lip, no smack talk. They let their play do all the talking for them.

Friday

Lethal weapon
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2018
Northern Nevada
Tom Brady is the greatest of all time offensively hands down. Lawrence Taylor is the greatest of all time defensively to ever suit up Dick Butkus is a close second, Jim brown is the greatest running back of all time and retired at what 28 years young? Jack Tatum is the best safety ever how he is not in the pro football hall of fame is beyond me. John Hannah is the greatest offensive lineman of all time. There is just so many great players over time but my favorite is Tom Brady I started watching him win super bowls when I was in the 6th grade and I’m still watching him win Super Bowls.

Va_Gentleman

Cook
Belligerents
Brett Favre- a man’s man and the original gunslinger..
He's a funny guy. Great Arm. An acquaintance that I graduated with played with Favre.. Would see him time from time after. His fingers were all knarled and curled. I asked what happened..., he said Brett would zing one every now and then just to see if he'd catch it and it would break a finger.... just to be funny, on Sunday's no less.

Lionsbreath

Aim high and send it!
Belligerents
Feb 18, 2017
Rockingham, NC
He's a funny guy. Great Arm. An acquaintance that I graduated with played with Favre.. Would see him time from time after. His fingers were all knarled and curled. I asked what happened..., he said Brett would zing one every now and then just to see if he'd catch it and it would break a finger.... just to be funny, on Sunday's no less.
Good shit, that’s vintage Favre.. Not modeling Prada, just Wranglers.. A good ole boy from Mississippi that I venture to say, in his prime could go toe to toe with Mahome’s arm strength... plus Dianna Favre is hotter than Gisele Bundchen and Favre hunted with Rem 700’s

Reactions: Va_Gentleman

Codiekfx400

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
Cam Newton is my favorite. A QB that can lower his shoulder and lay a linebacker flat on his back is fun to watch. Plus all of the game balls that get handed into the crowd is a big plus. The smiles on those children’s faces is priceless. And no I do not eat Oikos Greek Yogurt.