Which quad shotgun shell holder???

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Mar 16, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
New to 3 gun and I need one quick. I'm totally unfamiliar with them. Which one is the highest quality, the easiest to grab, etc.

Maybe you could elaborate why you prefer one Co's quad over another as far as a Pro's or Cons type thing.

Thankyou for any help

Feb 14, 2017
Invictus Practical without a doubt. Most adjustable, most modular, they're like Legos in that you can mix and match any parts to create whatever you need. Excellent retention and very durable.
Kevin's customer service is second to none, he's replied to emails at 8pm on saturdays, ships stuff at warpspeed and he's even hooked me up when the mailman destroyed caddies that I bought used from a third party. Brownells could learn something from him.

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Mar 16, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
Jim, the owner of Taccom called back and I didn't even leave a message, lol, - caller ID

A very knowledgeable and friendly person he was. He likes to talk and wasn't annoyed at my questions, sheesh we were on the phone for 20 minutes! He gave what I thought was good advice about quad loading a shotgun. Basically he said if the loading port was not modified to stick with dual loading. I took his advice because I'm not going to go hacking on my special addition 20 + year old M1 Practical and I won't be doing 3 gun but 3-4 times a year in our small club.

Well and the 7% discount he offered and the fact that the 2 loader I ordered was the least expensive option out there helped too.

But I do appreciate you guys! Sorry to be a askhole this time, just the way it worked out.

Feb 14, 2017
Tim, the owner of Taccom called back and I didn't even leave a message, lol, - caller ID
FIFY.
You'll find most of the small business owners in 3 Gun land are great people who will bend over backwards to help someone out.

Dual loading can be pretty fast if you practice enough, on the other hand I've seen plenty of M1's that have been modified.

Last edited: