What's Your View II

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Staff member
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
I was supposed to catch up my banking, billing, and finish getting my taxes together today.
I got the banking caught up at least.
The weather and timing was perfect for what I wanted to try with transitioning the clover field to sunflowers, so the rest of my day went towards that.
I broadcasted the sunflower seeds across the waning clover. Then I mowed it into a thick green slurry to go over the seeds and hold moisture to them. We'd just had a good rainfall last night, so it was slushy.
My hope is that this will be an effective no till method and that sunflowers will be sprouting in just a few days. Cool nights should provide decent moisture and mild sunny days are forecast until the weekend, when it turns a bit more in the direction of Summer.
The Grass Out Max (Clethodin) that I bought for the Christmas tree plot and perennial clover plots is proving to be invaluable, as research indicates that it will not harm sunflowers or wildflowers (tinkering with them too).
Time will tell.

We even got a brief shower just as I finished up and a nice rainbow appeared for a bit as I was feeding the fish.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
I was supposed to catch up my banking, billing, and finish getting my taxes together today.
I got the banking caught up at least.
The weather and timing was perfect for what I wanted to try with transitioning the clover field to sunflowers, so the rest of my day went towards that.
I broadcasted the sunflower seeds across the waning clover. Then I mowed it into a thick green slurry to go over the seeds and hold moisture to them. We'd just had a good rainfall last night, so it was slushy.
My hope is that this will be an effective no till method and that sunflowers will be sprouting in just a few days. Cool nights should provide decent moisture and mild sunny days are forecast until the weekend, when it turns a bit more in the direction of Summer.
The Grass Out Max (Clethodin) that I bought for the Christmas tree plot and perennial clover plots is proving to be invaluable, as research indicates that it will not harm sunflowers or wildflowers (tinkering with them too).
Time will tell.

View attachment 7077043

We even got a brief shower just as I finished up and a nice rainbow appeared for a bit as I was feeding the fish.

View attachment 7077044
That should look pretty awesome when they begin to flower. Nothing cooler than looking at a field of sunflowers, and knowing exactly where the sun is located. Makes for some cool time lapse photography too....

Last edited:

tnichols

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 23, 2010
Morley IA
This grey, wet, cool weather is giving the farmers fits getting crop in, but it sure is pleasant for outdoor work and shooting. Little to no mirage, light winds, etc... Dirt work done, it was the 308’s turn today with only a 12 mph wind at 11 o’clock. Easy money at 655 yards.
054679BC-22BC-411B-B049-941F18BB8933.jpeg

oneshot86

Belligerents
Jul 13, 2001
citrus park ,fl
Decided to fill a low spot in the lawn today. More than likely where a backhoe buried an old building of some sort. Settled over the years and I got tired of mowing through 9’x18’ sink hole. 2 cubic yards later of black dirt shoveled off the ol’ Dodge.
View attachment 7077786
damn overachievers, lol

Sieg

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2018
Thought the Diverticulitis flared back up. Nope. Good ole fashioned appendicitis. Antibiotics for a few days and no blood thinner for a couple days as well then chop chop. Does it ever stop?
Well that certainly sucks!
Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.
Thankfully I had my appendix removed in '84.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
Thought the Diverticulitis flared back up. Nope. Good ole fashioned appendicitis. Antibiotics for a few days and no blood thinner for a couple days as well then chop chop. Does it ever stop?

View attachment 7078420
Haysoos Crisco man, I was right to be worried about not hearing from you !
Get well quick, gotta run, but I be back shortly to harass your sorry ass......

powdahound76

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Nothin to it Uncle Schartz.

Some Ruskie took out his own using local numbing meds at the incision and a mirror once while over-wintering on Antartica.
Swing on over and I can fix ya right up!

And remember, your prostate is gone, so stop asking the nurse to check for it every time HE is in the room!

Feel better old man.

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Nothin to it Uncle Schartz.

Some Ruskie took out his own using local numbing meds at the incision and a mirror once while over-wintering on Antartica.
Swing on over and I can fix ya right up!

And remember, your prostate is gone, so stop asking the nurse to check for it every time HE is in the room!

Feel better old man.
I seem to recall his name was “Bruce” and he had big, hairy “digits”...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca

View attachment 7078420
Well shit. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something in the water around here lately...

Get better quick!

Lapuapalooza

CALLING ALL
Belligerents
Dec 24, 2013
Colorado
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles Larry. I am just catching up with your post. I hope you have a quick recovery and the surgery goes well. Don’t worry, we all have your back. I am 100% positive none of your buddies here will Have a go at you while you’re in the recovery stages. They would never stoop that low. 👍🏻

Threadcutter308

Outlier
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles Larry. I am just catching up with your post. I hope you have a quick recovery and the surgery goes well. Don’t worry, we all have your back. I am 100% positive none of your buddies here will Have a go at you while you’re in the recovery stages. They would never stoop that low. 👍🏻
Wut a crock of shit....... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: