What's your favorite stock?

Bigrederic

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Jun 22, 2018
SE Alaska
I have several Manners (PRS1&2 and a T4A) and I also have a McMillan A4 and just got rid of a KMW Sentinel. That being said, I like the A4 allot.. but theninget behind the PRS2 and it feels like a more evolved version of it. The T4A feel very similar to the A4... the manners with a Mini chassis just make it so much simpler.

• Love
Reactions: RobertB

Palo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
Mine is also the krg bravo. They just seem to fit me perfectly. I wish they made one for my sako quad.

Reactions: SonicBurlap

Nacho0622

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
I use a Magpul Pro 700. Lots of adjustment and no shortage of mlok accessories. It is a little heavy but that’s not a bad thing for. Doesn’t seem to get much love. Full aluminum chassis and tool-less adjustment everywhere. Haven’t had an issue. Cheers!

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Belligerents
Mar 22, 2017
FL
Question for those with the experience.

Objectively, the KRG Bravo seems hard to beat for the price. But does it hang with $600-$1000 options (i.e. Manners, MPA, GGS, etc)?
Is it worth it in the long run to save a couple hundred on it if it's close?

Palo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020

Objectively, the KRG Bravo seems hard to beat for the price. But does it hang with $600-$1000 options (i.e. Manners, MPA, GGS, etc)?
It really depends on what you want from a stock.
I wanted something light enough to use hunting while still having a good chassis for range work etc. It fits my needs perfectly.
I do like some of the mdt chassis as well as others but they are heavier.

47guy

Private
Belligerents
Jul 15, 2017
reno,nevada
ive owned and shot a lot of different chassis's(and stocks)and for me there is no equal to a manners...mcmillen would be second...but i think it boils down to personal preference honestly...i just got rid of my MPA chassis's and went back to a stock...i bought the MPAs because of how versatile they are but just never really liked them(or any chassis ive owned or shot)i just prefer a stock over a chassis.

jsimonh

Belligerents
Feb 4, 2011
Altus, Oklahoma
I've had McMillan A-5, AIAT, AIAX, Manners T4a, T2a, and T6a. Started running MPAs and felt it was the best all around chassis/stock for me.....until I got my Manners TCS. I absolutely love the TCS. Fits me just like my MPA did but has that real stock feel. Doesnt hurt that it looks badass either.20200222_180423.jpg20200222_180550.jpg

Ds91

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2019

Don’t get caught up on money and price something more expensive isn’t always better. I can get about twice as comfortable behind my Bravo compared to my whiskey-3.

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Belligerents
Mar 22, 2017
FL
It really depends on what you want from a stock.
I wanted something light enough to use hunting while still having a good chassis for range work etc. It fits my needs perfectly.
I do like some of the mdt chassis as well as others but they are heavier.
Fair response.
I'm personally exploring options for an urban sniper inspired look/feel (short & handy) but I want to keep it light enough to hunt with under 300yds as well.
Planning on rebarreling a soon to be shot out stock CTR and want to upgrade the stock along with the barrel.

Millron

Private
Belligerents
Sep 15, 2014
West Virginia
Not a tactical stock but For a Do it all stock I don't think it gets any better than a Mcmillan Adjustable Game Warden with Edge Fill. In a short action comes in right around 36 oz. Depending on component selection you can build a 6.5# gun with it and add weight into the optic and still end up with a <9 lb gun. Not the perfect "competition" stock but IMO doesn't get any better for a rifle that you'll be shooting offhand, prone, bench, etc. Forend is thick enough to take a medium palma or proof Sendaro but still thin enough to be comfortable for offhand shooting and not be bulky.

RTPERTHUIS

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2019
Georgetown, Texas
Seem to be the outlier here but after using a whole bunch of different stocks my go to favorites are the McMillan A3-5 and the Adjustable Game Warden.

mountainman308

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Jul 20, 2012
WV, USA
The most comfortable, natural fitting stock I’ve ever shot was the old Tikka 595 Master Sporter stock. Bought a Master Sporter just to have the pattern. Turns out it shoots great too.

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
I've had McMillan A-5, AIAT, AIAX, Manners T4a, T2a, and T6a. Started running MPAs and felt it was the best all around chassis/stock for me.....until I got my Manners TCS. I absolutely love the TCS. Fits me just like my MPA did but has that real stock feel. Doesnt hurt that it looks badass either.View attachment 7259271View attachment 7259272
Need one of these stocks!

tow2atm

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2020

What did you end up with? Im kind of in the same boat. I’m looking into adjustable tactical style stocks. I like the J Allen but can’t find, MDT XRS, KRS Bravo, and then of course the manners and Mcmillians. Ahhh....so many options. It’s tough!

carbonbased

1 MOA = 2 AAF
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
Last edited:

Dustyplyr

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
North Dakota
What did you end up with? Im kind of in the same boat. I’m looking into adjustable tactical style stocks. I like the J Allen but can’t find, MDT XRS, KRS Bravo, and then of course the manners and Mcmillians. Ahhh....so many options. It’s tough!
There's jallens popping up in the px fairly regularly

Stoweit

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 19, 2017
New England
Gotta say after receiving the Xylo, it’s pretty sweet. Was going to order the Manners TCS, then someone offered to sell me their preorder Xylo. The lug lock and the adjustability are outstanding.

Cy Rosenlund

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2019

I bought a Bravo, next rig I got was in an MPA. The MPA has a more solid cheek rest, is a touch more comfortable, and comes with all the goodies you would want to add (adjustable lop, spigot, arca.) Even still, I ended up selling the MPA and getting another bravo. The bravo is just over 2 lbs lighter if I remember right, and does everything I need of it. I have no regrets about going back to the bravo.

acudaowner

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I never wanted a composite stock till I saw frank's video
darn it I want one that is dam hot .

Jabot

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2014
Manners t2a elite fill- favorite palm sell and forend

Mpa comp chassis- for adjustability and configuration options, grips, wieght options, built in ax arca rail