What scope do you have on your 22?

Urse

Private
Mar 25, 2017
RPRF3.jpg
I had been running a NF ATACR 4-16x42 that I robbed from a SCAR 17 on my Ruger Precision Rimfire but I recently got a Midas TAC 6-24x50 for my RPRF.......Is it as good as my ATACR? No....but for the price it is awesome! Feels super well built, turrets feel very positive with tight audible clicks, parallax works great, glass is very clear, though I find it much better at x20 than x24.....Love the reticle......that little dot is great for tight little groups.

Ahhh I didn't see that, well i have time to research and build. I'm hoping it will work out. I really want to put a variable pe power on it but if I have to ditch some weight I'll have to go to the 6x SWFA that is 15oz.
i have the midas tac on my CZ. its the 6-24 version but i love it. great scope for a great price and works well with the 22lr

Jun 19, 2013
Frederick, CO
While I would love to sport an Annie or Vodoo with an AMG or K525i on top, my 10/22 sports a Tract Toric UHD 4-20 and I couldn't be happier for the price. Certainly not losing anything on glass clarity.

Jun 19, 2013
Frederick, CO
Have you compared your Tract Toric UHD to other optics? I'm interested in this scope for one of my rifles and it's very intriguing to me.
Yeah. I haven't done like a professional head-to-head battle royale, but among the scopes I've owned I'd put the glass just ahead of the Vortex Razor HD Gen II but behind the S&B PM II. The turrets are very functional and easy to zero. The magnification ring feels precise but not stiff, no need for a throw lever. The finish looks good to me. The etched reticle is clean and accurate, but if you want a Tremor3 you could be disappointed. The optional Tenabraex caps are nice. I'd buy another one without hesitation.

Just Chuck

New Hide Member
Aug 16, 2018
I have the Cabela's Covenant 4-16x44 FFP on my 10/22. It's moa; 1/4 moa/ click, with Christmas tree reticle. Really like it! My wife has gotten me a Covenant in 6-24x50 for my birthday.

The new scope will go on my new Ruger American Target in 22lr that I haven't even shot yet.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2011
Central Ohio
Have a NF 3.5-15x50 NP-R2 on my CZ 455 in a PDC stock.
Have a S&B 5-25 w/GEN 2-XR reticle on my VUDOO in a MPA. I find the fineness of the reticle to be great for a .22. Pulled this scope off one of my centerfires. Wanted this set up to feel just like my PRS setup.

Jul 17, 2010
Indiana
You are now the only other person I know of that has one of these rifles! I want to like it, but have been plagued with ejection issues. I get about two or three failures to eject per magazine. Those extractors really don't want to let go of spent brass. I've put about 600 - 700 rounds of cheaper 22 (Norma Tac and CCI SV) to try to break it in and hope the problem goes away, but not yet. It's a solid little rifle and I think it has a lot of accuracy potential from what I've seen, but I want it to run before I start doing ammo tests.

I agree on the grip. I just haven't gotten around to putting a new one on yet.

Kisssofdeath

New Hide Member
May 9, 2018
South Carolina
I have never had any ejection issues with my Keystone but did have major issues with my Steyr Zephyr II so any gun can have issues. Only problem I had with my Keystone was for whatever reason I couldn't get enough windage out of my scopes to get it zeroed. I sent it back and received it back but couldn't tell any difference. At first I was using a really old but good Burris Signature series scope with their Signature Series rings with inserts. That cured the problem rather easily. Then this NF scope come open so I ended up buying these Burris 34mm XTR signature series rings with inserts and those worked perfect for me. Did you have any issues with the gun shooting far left or right? Also, Ill mention I did get good service from Keystone. They sent me a prepaid UPS label and shipped back for free. As for the grips, I have 4 Ergo grips and like them pretty good.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Jan 22, 2014
Rhode Island
Although I liked my SWFA 3-15 on my Annie 64 MPR LH, it really wasn't the right scope for it. Therefore, I moved my S&B 5-25 PMII with the Gen II XR reticle to it. Took it out on Sunday, zeroed at 50 and proceeded to have an absolute ball ringing steel at 200 and 300 yards. The GenII XR reticle is soooo much better than the MilQuad. The SWFA SS now sits on an AR15. It is much better suited for that rifle.

Annie with S&B.JPG

Kisssofdeath

New Hide Member
May 9, 2018
South Carolina
Although I liked my SWFA 3-15 on my Annie 64 MPR LH, it really wasn't the right scope for it. Therefore, I moved my S&B 5-25 PMII with the Gen II XR reticle to it. Took it out on Sunday, zeroed at 50 and proceeded to have an absolute ball ringing steel at 200 and 300 yards. The GenII XR reticle is soooo much better than the MilQuad. The SWFA SS now sits on an AR15. It is much better suited for that rifle.

View attachment 6950972
Nik, is that a photo of you in the background when you was around 14? Back in the 70's?

I like it alot. Since it's on the .22, it lives on 24x. It was the clearest scope I tried in the price range and the floating dot reticle makes it perfect for shooting small groups at small targets. The turrets are also nice and crisp.
do you notice any issue on 24x? mine seems to be a little less crisp than 20x. LOVE the turrets and the zero stop on mine.

Top Bottom