What height rings?? Defiance Deviant/Heavy palma/Razor Gen II/MPA

Jul 6, 2017
I'm building a rifle. Defiance deviant 20 MOA rail, heavy palma 26" barrel, in an MPA chassis. Scope is a Vortex Razor Gen II. I don't have the rifle yet. I have an RPR with the same scope and use 1.45" Vortex PMR rings. Those I'm sure will be to high. From what I can tell most people are saying the 1.1" or 1.26" rings. Who has the combo mentioned and has experience with those height Vortex PMR rings in that combo. I would like room for the Vortex scope cover cap and also make sure the comfort level as far as head height is good. Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

Rob01

Super Mod/Team Blaster
Staff member
Jul 9, 2001
NC
www.teamblaster.net
Go with the 1.26". I have them on my Surgeon action, which also has an integral rail like the Deviant. I had 1" on there and they were a little too low with scope caps with my M24/40 contour barrel so I went with 1.26". Here is a pic with the med palma barrel and it looks really high but with the heavier contour it leaves about 1/8-1/4" between scope cap and barrel. 1.1" might work too depending on caps but the safe bet is 1.26" and with the adjustable cheek piece on the MPA there will be no problem with height.