What are you drinking right now!?

bkglock

Private
Belligerents
Nov 9, 2002
Great White North
I have bought the Caribbean Cask a couple times, I like it. It's a $75 bottle around here. If you like Balvenie, try the 15 year old sherry cask, about a $90 bottle, that one is one of my favorites.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
I have bought the Caribbean Cask a couple times, I like it. It's a $75 bottle around here. If you like Balvenie, try the 15 year old sherry cask, about a $90 bottle, that one is one of my favorites.

Will do.

Not really knowledgeable in whiskey.

Typically a beer drinker but due to a current avoidance of carbs Im looking for distilled amber liquids for social occasions.

Friend recommended the Caribbean Cask as possibly something for a beginner thats not too trained in the art of drinking paint thinner.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
Been up since 430. Got everything done around the house by noon. Red Grapefruit vodka and lemonade. Only things left to do today are fly fish and kill shit.

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
Will do.

Not really knowledgeable in whiskey.

Typically a beer drinker but due to a current avoidance of carbs Im looking for distilled amber liquids for social occasions.

Friend recommended the Caribbean Cask as possibly something for a beginner thats not too trained in the art of drinking paint thinner.
If you are just starting on whiskeys the irish whiskys and the tamer 80 proof bourbons will be the most palatable.

Jamison caskmates is a good start.

powdahound76

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Tried a little Deerhammer Single Malt last evening.
CO distilled. Quite tasty.
The port cask finished one was not for me.

@pmclaine give regular old Tulamore Dew a try.
Mighty smooth and tasty for an inexpensive whiskey.
I dont drink a lot of whiskey and I like it to be tasty when I do.