What are the opinions of the CZ 557 Urban Counter sniper rifle

Bakwa

Sergeant
Mar 22, 2017
Curious as well.
There's next to nothing out there in the way of reviews and experience on them.

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 25, 2017
If the quality is like that of the CZ 550 I used to have, I would not hesitate to buy one.

Crisp, fully adjustable trigger, no pot metal anywhere, Manners stock, cold hammer forged barrel with flash suppressor. I mean, what does it need besides a scope and a bipod?

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 25, 2017
If in the future I decided I wanted a longer barrel would be difficult to have it rebarreled?
There seems to be a lot of gunsmiths that won't (can't) do anything but a 700/700 clone.

But it's not impossible to find someone who will rebarrel a CZ 557. I bet someone like Mark Gordon (Short Action Customs) or Chad Dixon (Long Rifles Inc) would take a stab it. Also, CZ-USA has a custom shop that without a doubt can put whatever barrel you want on it.

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Nov 27, 2009
Ingleside, Tx
I looked into them when they first came out. (I contacted CZ at the time)
I really like CZ products.
The urban sniper was nothing but a varmint kevlar, with the barrel cut back and a surefire brake installed.
The price was substantially higher for the urban sniper and, to me, not worth the extra coin. it didn't help that the surefire brake was completely useless to me.
I ended up going another route, but the do make nice stuff.
Personally, I would look at the Varmint Kevlar (if they still make it) and have it cut back.

Oct 2, 2018
North Carolina
This rifle is exceptionally hard to find anywhere. I just ordered one tonight for an excellent price from riflegear.com. Once, I get it out to the range I will let you know how it performs. Interesting rifle kind of a niche gun if you ask me, but I’ve been wanting to get myself a short handy midrange tack driver. I’m hoping this does the trick.

Top Bottom