Wanted: C&R Remington 700

flyer

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 25, 2018
The Remington 700 debuted in '62 or '63 so there are a few years of 700s which are older than 50.

I would like to buy an oldie like that.

Condition is not critical, minor surface pitting is fine as long as it will clean up with steel wool and scrubbing. I would like it to be mostly operational but partially incomplete may work too. Normal or even advanced wear is expected, I don't care if it keyholes every shot but the wear should not be unusual in any critical areas.

I'm not looking for a heirloom but I don't need a rust bucket, a rifle that has just fallen out of favor is fine too.

What I would like to avoid is a gun with stripped out threads or some obvious non cosmetic problem in the receiver.

I don't mind a Bubba gun as long as the receiver is pretty much intact.

I'm not looking for a receiver to send out for truing and blueprinting. The most I would want to do is lap the receiver lugs. A gun that's a poor gunsmithing candidate is probably fine.

I don't want to spend a lot.

I haven't researched the serial number range that would work. I have political reasons for wanting a C&R, send me a serial number if you think you might have one, I'll check it out when I have something to check on.

Hopefully I can give a neglected gun a new lease on life.

Thanks.

flyer

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 25, 2018
I am working on the research, I will let you know.

If the rifle has any date code lettering on the barrel, that would help with the dating.

Thanks.

Oh, if you have a price in mind, send me a PM.

Top Bottom