RAVAGE88

Vudoo, Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Somers, CT
www.vudoogunworks.com
Mike,
Are the bodies hollowed out so they are not too heavy? Sides screwed together?
Some might want the extra weight, but it would be easy to fill a hollow cavity with weight if they want it, but harder to make them lighter.
The housing halves are not completely hollow. In order to bolt them together without distortion, there has to be some integrity. The molded parts are designed similarly so the material is rigid enough post molding. The integrity in a stamped steel magazine comes from the properties of the steel and the bends that give the material its outer shape,

MB

ScottDWallace

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2018
Austin, TX
MIghty Bites FTW! Love'em! There's something just hypnotic about clean tool paths. Looks more like a facing op than a pocket.

I am playing with safe cracking (freaking hard!) and whipped up a quick mount yesterday for an old lock. Went a little unconventional on the facing since it was just for me.

Anyways, keep the machining pics coming!

59710595990__7BA0A326-24C2-47A0-815A-0BC88224700C.jpeg

Reactions: RAVAGE88

Pranavdc

Private
Belligerents
Sep 4, 2006
GrinBin
Well I ordered My Vudoo yesterday! Now what am I going to spend every free moment of my day obsessing over?! In all actuality where is the best place with the best price for Lapua Center-x? I have 1500 rounds of SK Rifle match and about the same of Eley Match but since center-x is the premier I would like to get some! Thanks for any info given or already received!!

Cheers!
Jason

Badjujuu

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2019
Well I ordered My Vudoo yesterday! Now what am I going to spend every free moment of my day obsessing over?! In all actuality where is the best place with the best price for Lapua Center-x? I have 1500 rounds of SK Rifle match and about the same of Eley Match but since center-x is the premier I would like to get some! Thanks for any info given or already received!!

Cheers!
Jason

Congratulations!

You can spend time thinking about what glass you going to put on it....

Also, Brownells has center x for 11.29/50

Reactions: RAVAGE88

DownhillFromHere

Aim > Impact > Take a Nap
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2017

Cheers!
Jason
Best price on Center-X (or any of the Eley / Lapua premium or midrange labels) is Good Shooting Inc. I have yet to find any vendor offer better prices, even on "sale," than this crew, and that factors in such bits as "free shipping," and you also get a choice of lots.

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 16, 2010
Lewiston, ME
Best price on Center-X (or any of the Eley / Lapua premium or midrange labels) is Good Shooting Inc. I have yet to find any vendor offer better prices, even on "sale," than this crew, and that factors in such bits as "free shipping," and you also get a choice of lots.
Plus they are very good people to deal with!

Hoser

Ninja
Belligerents
Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
Plus they are very good people to deal with!

Cathy and James are good people. And in case you didnt know it, Cathy is one of the most incredible shooters I have ever known.

Pranavdc

Private
Belligerents
Sep 4, 2006
GrinBin
Congratulations!

You can spend time thinking about what glass you going to put on it....

Also, Brownells has center x for 11.29/50
Well scope will be a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 FFP mil/mil with the new reticle. I am using a lifeline and getting it at an insane price! Until it arrives my Razor Gen 2 will hold its place. From what I understand medium rings are good for lever throw and clearance. New stick is a Ridgeback Black with gray 18" kukri.

Cheers!

Badjujuu

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2019
Well scope will be a Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 FFP mil/mil with the new reticle. I am using a lifeline and getting it at an insane price! Until it arrives my Razor Gen 2 will hold its place. From what I understand medium rings are good for lever throw and clearance. New stick is a Ridgeback Black with gray 18" kukri.

Cheers!
So lemme get this straight, you'll replace the Gen 2 razor with the Gen 2 PST?

Why, if I may ask?

(I'm @ the mil pricing and you can't beat it, so eventually considering the razor to replace the Diamondback Tactical)

Pranavdc

Private
Belligerents
Sep 4, 2006
GrinBin
So lemme get this straight, you'll replace the Gen 2 razor with the Gen 2 PST?

Why, if I may ask?

(I'm @ the mil pricing and you can't beat it, so eventually considering the razor to replace the Diamondback Tactical)
The Razor is on my 6.5 Creedmoor that I just had made for me and I have not put any rounds down it yet. So it is sitting on top not zeroed yet. I have a 100 yard range about 30 yards off my deck beside my house. In the spring it will include steel hung out to 380 yards. So I can easily shoot the Vudoo before I get to the Creedmoor before spring gets here.

Cheers!

10ring1

The Zohan
Belligerents
Aug 9, 2012
Cathy and James are good people. And in case you didnt know it, Cathy is one of the most incredible shooters I have ever known.

Oh wow. Ive talked to Cathy on the phone. I have read all about Cathy the shooter before. Didn't realize I actually talked to 'the' Cathy. She is an amazing shooter. I order from good shooting all the time as well

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
Does anyone have a v-22 mounted in a krg whiskey 3 and pictures of it? Either an 18” or 20” barrel??

tatman3715

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am a relatively new Vudoo owner, I have the Ridgeback with 18" Kukri Barrel and I also have the new MDT ACC chassis with a 22" Kukri Barrel. Just curious as to what glass everyone is running? I currently have Vortex Razor Gen 2's 4.5x27x56 and I am wondering if there are advantages to a NF ATACR?

Attachments

Rob01

Super Mod/Team Blaster
Staff member
Jul 9, 2001
NC
www.teamblaster.net
Nice rifle. You will love it.

As to scope, if you can't do it with the Razor you won't be able to do it with the ATACR. That Razor will do all you need.

Reactions: JohnJohn

JKW70

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2019

Cheers!
Jason
Champions Choice has Center X for $11.00 / 50

Reactions: Pranavdc

Cuzz

Amory Ms
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2018
North East Mississippi , near Amory
Oh wow. Ive talked to Cathy on the phone. I have read all about Cathy the shooter before. Didn't realize I actually talked to 'the' Cathy. She is an amazing shooter. I order from good shooting all the time as well
Same here ive bought from her on the phone several times, she talks like a nice lady that knows a lot about ammo, not like a super shooter.

Drewdemon

Online Training Member
Belligerents
Feb 20, 2017
Im about to order a Vudoo bore guide. It does not appear my .22 cal Tipton carbon fiber rod will work. What cleaning rod is everyone using for their Vudoo's? Adapter? Length?

BB3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2019
If I remember right it will take anything under .187. At least I think that’s what my bore guide said. .17 cal carbon fiber rod is what I’ve been using with the adapter for a 22 jag. Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong.

JRosson

For an Audience of ONE
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2018
Tucson, AZ
To add to the cleaning rod discussion, I have a 17 - 20 cal. Montana extreme with 5-40 threads. Fits great, but the adapter that gets me to the 22 jag is 8-32. This will not fit through the insert in my Vudoo bore guide. I have to leave the insert out.
Can anyone tell me where I can get a 5-40 thread 22 jag that fits through the insert? Or, even a new rod and the matching jags? Or, is there a place where all this has been discussed already?
Justin

Reactions: Drewdemon

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 16, 2010
Lewiston, ME
For rimfire cleaning in general I prefer a Dewey 20cal rod in a 22lr and I turn down the thread adapter to just over 0.200” so I can then attach the jag for the VFG cleaning felts. It does a great job for me. I use this with my VGW V-22 bore guide and the insert.

marks_a18138

Private
Belligerents
Oct 11, 2017
cleaning rod i use with the adapter....https://www.killoughshootingsports.com/cleaning/705-melonited-187-cleaning-rod.html

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
Got a bit of a bonus check from work that is burning a hole in my pocket.....

Looking hard at the Vudoo's. My 6.5 is in a Manners PRS1 stock but getting a stock from Manners seems tough.

There is a MPA Hybrid chases in the for sale section that I am pondering. Is it as easy as getting the barreled action, install a trigger, and drop it into the chassis? What am I not thinking about? Thanks!

RAVAGE88

Vudoo, Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Somers, CT
www.vudoogunworks.com
You’ll be all set with the MPA with the adjustable mag release but we may actually have a PRS1 in the shop. I’ll take a look tomorrow when I sneak in to get a few things done and circle back to let you know.

MB

Last edited:

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
You’ll be all set with the MPA with the adjustable mag release but we may actually have a PRS1 in the shop. I’ll take a look tomorrow when I sneak in to get a few things and circle back to let you know.

MB
Thanks!!!

BB3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2019
Man those look sweet! Can’t wait to get my hands on a few. Keep up the good work.

gearguywb

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2018
You’ll be all set with the MPA with the adjustable mag release but we may actually have a PRS1 in the shop. I’ll take a look tomorrow when I sneak in to get a few things done and circle back to let you know.

MB
Were you able to find out anything?