Vortex Razor News?

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
Get ready for the eye candy with some pics.If they can put a 1x10 in a small package like this and make it work well they deserve to sell a whole bunch of them.
March has had a 1-10 for a while now, but it is SFP - https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d10v24timl/

I am very curious to see how the price of the Gen III 1-10 pans out, if they can keep this scope under $2k and it performs extremely well optically with a forgiving eyebox, I see no reason why this scope wouldn't dominate. But all that is speculation, we actually need to see this scope in the real world to know for sure.

Reactions: GhostFace

cleric

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Dallas, tx
March has had a 1-10 for a while now, but it is SFP - https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d10v24timl/

I am very curious to see how the price of the Gen III 1-10 pans out, if they can keep this scope under $2k and it performs extremely well optically with a forgiving eyebox, I see no reason why this scope wouldn't dominate. But all that is speculation, we actually need to see this scope in the real world to know for sure.
Bh had them listed at 2k so I assume call and haggle and you can get them for a couple hundred less

cleric

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Dallas, tx
I doubt there will be much haggling until they fill out all the backorders.

ILya
most def. when things are on back order they will not but I am not sure how long these will be on allocation.

vortex imo is good about moving products but you are 100% right

loveha

SGT's OFP
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2018
NW Lower Michigan
Wonder what kind of discount Mil/Vet/LEO will get on it. Looks like I'll have to apply. 2K is a little more than I was looking to pay.

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
I was just on the Vortex websight and they are now showing the Razor Gen111 scope with specs.

koshkin

Dark Lord Of Optics
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2006
New Mexico
www.opticsthoughts.com
So, 1 MOA dot in the BDC reticle and 0.2 mrad dot (~0.7 MOA) in the mrad tree reticle.

The segmented circle seems to be a little smaller and thinner than the one in the FC-DM reticle.

@verdugo60 is this alogn the liens of what you were looking for? This dot is 57% of the size of the one in the Nightforce.

I like this. I got myself in line for the version with the EBR-9 MRAD.

I think Vortex will make a killing with these.

ILya

Covertnoob5

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Feb 12, 2017
SoCal
So, 1 MOA dot in the BDC reticle and 0.2 mrad dot (~0.7 MOA) in the mrad tree reticle.

The segmented circle seems to be a little smaller and thinner than the one in the FC-DM reticle.

@verdugo60 is this alogn the liens of what you were looking for? This dot is 57% of the size of the one in the Nightforce.

ILya
Goddammit! This might just be perfect for my Scar17. I will also be in line for an MRAD version. FML 🙄

Reactions: joetuono

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2010
Southern MD

ILya
Actually if you’re looking at area that the dot covers instead of linear measurement, this dot is about 1/3 the size of the one on the NX8.

116ft FoV at 1x is pretty good too. I’m certainly interested.

Shrubjr

Private
Belligerents
Nov 15, 2013
Damn, $2899? Thats a lotta dough! Do you guys think the lack of paralax adjustment is a big deal?

Reactions: Ruskin

DL32

Private
Belligerents
Jan 23, 2013
So far this thing is on point.

1x/10x reticule look very useable with or without illumination, physical foot print is small and weight is acceptable (I'll assume glass quality is legit).

If the eye box is relatively flexible, then it's the best scope on the market for short to medium range and I'm buying one!

beetroot

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
If that big centre dot/donut does it's bit at 1x then this scope will be awesome.

I've recently been looking at 2-10 scopes with Mil reticles and there is a serious lack of options in that space, this scope may well make 2-10 scopes moot.

Sogan

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 11, 2013
If it’s a true 1x and good eye relief they will sell a shit ton of these

Reactions: jda2631

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
Belligerents
Feb 14, 2017
I felt kinda dirty watching that video. Like the scope was designed for Timmy's that suffer from delusions of mall ninja combat. I just want to do civilian things with it but now I'm worried I don't qualify to own one.

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Dec 13, 2004
Chandler AZ, USA
Yeah, that video was a little Paul Blart, but oh well.

And why can't we just have regular numbers instead of the goofy sci-fi style ones in the photos?

All that aside, it looks decent. I may have to pick one of these up and change my plans a little bit...

Reactions: TonyTheTiger

beetroot

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
I felt kinda dirty watching that video. Like the scope was designed for Timmy's that suffer from delusions of mall ninja combat. I just want to do civilian things with it but now I'm worried I don't qualify to own one.
Yeah that video was pretty cringeworthy.
They could've found far less mall ninja examples of the intended use.

The optic does look pretty rad though.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger

verdugo60

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2010
Denver, CO

ILya

Yes Sir, this might be Exactly what I was looking for, so far so good on the reticle.

For me it will be extremely impressive if it has the eyebox and usability of the 1-6 razor on 1x (extremely important for an LPVO as most engagements are close) AND a small enough reticle for precision at distance. I have high hopes for this one!

samb300

Anarchy Outdoors, Accuracy Obsession
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Since the Gen2 Razor 3-18 and 4.5-27 already have locking turrets, I was really hoping for the same turrets on this. Since I generally have time to dial when I’m shooting at long range with my SCAR, I much prefer to dial than hold over. Especially at 600yds with a 308. I understand it’s the same as on the 1-6 Gen2, and the target market is probably more “all around” ARs, but regular turrets would’ve really sealed the deal for me.

Reactions: PBWalsh

verdugo60

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2010
Denver, CO
Since the Gen2 Razor 3-18 and 4.5-27 already have locking turrets, I was really hoping for the same turrets on this. Since I generally have time to dial when I’m shooting at long range with my SCAR, I much prefer to dial than hold over. Especially at 600yds with a 308. I understand it’s the same as on the 1-6 Gen2, and the target market is probably more “all around” ARs, but regular turrets would’ve really sealed the deal for me.
Perhaps a later version will have turrets... Would be nice to have the option but not my biggest need for this scope.

trob_205

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 11, 2013
Coldwater, MI
While I’ll agree that would be nice, i think with the fixed 100 yard parallax they don’t see too much beyond simple battle rifle. A DMR or LR Hunting version with parallax adjustment and an adjustable elevation turret would be damn near perfect. I also really like this optic for my 450 bushmaster hunting rifle. Southern Michigan ag fields offers not much farther than 300-400 yards and thick swamp makes this thing very appealing to me in multiple applications.

Rob01

Super Mod/Team Blaster
Staff member
Jul 9, 2001
NC
www.teamblaster.net
You can pop the caps off and dial if you liked. You can do that with the 1-6 also but most don't. With that reticle and the intended target styles for most people using this optic you can hold pretty accurately with some practice.

Another thing with the knobs set up you have to remember is weight. If they would have done a full locking Gen II style knob the weight would have went up and you would have gotten a ton of people calling it a pig etc like they do the Gen II. You had people complaining about the 1-6x and it wasn't even that heavy. It's all about compromises.

jda2631

Private
Belligerents
Nov 10, 2009
Mississippi
This appears to be a home run, let's hope the 1x is as good as the gen II 1-6 (the video makes this look very promising) and the eye box at 10x isn't awful. My LMT 308 needs one real bad...

koshkin

Dark Lord Of Optics
Belligerents
Feb 22, 2006
New Mexico
www.opticsthoughts.com
It will be a home run when the product shows up and works as advertised. For now, all we can say is that it looks very promising.

Once it is here and enough people compare it to the ATACR, ZP8 and S&B, we will really know how it stacks up.

Do not get me wrong, it is at the top of my list of things to look at this year, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

ILya

Moose

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 3, 2005
NJ
Works as advertised and I will be very happy.I will give it at least 6 months and some hands on reviews from people like you Ilya before I spend the cash.