You are always beating your brass out with a rod

You can't shoot a match w/o your data book

You whine when told you can't change your scope knobs or power setting

Last edited:

Badfinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Aug 11, 2013
Dayton, OH Area
I agree, while preparing for the 2004 Grand American Trapshoot I practiced in all weather conditions and it paid off! I won the Beretta shoot-out that year after shooting all day in the wind, rain, and darkness.

The prize was a $10,000 Beretta DT-10 Combo. It was worth it,

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Feb 6, 2008
Wolftown
I bitch about #2 almost every weekend or the all time winner, a guy shooting an AR-15 and dumping mags under an awning. And, to top it off, the casings are flying all over the place and hitting me. Bitch, bitch, bitch - that's me.

The best group of the day is on your target and you didn't shoot it! AND apparently neither did anyone else!!
I did that once(not best group). I had shot bench an target # 1 for 3 practice relays the day before but, on match day I was on bench 6. I normally start at a grand an come back to 600 (1K-900-800-600) (everyone else starts at 600 an goes out) sure enough I put 2 in the 1moa ring an 1 in the 2 moa ring on target #1 before I realized how stupid I was. The funny thing was the guy on bench 1 had a bet with another shooter and missed the scoring rings completely with his 6xc but, the way the match is scored, the three I put on his target added 25 points to his score anyway. He won the match! We all got a kick out of that one. The guy he had a bet with said we cheated but my reply was the 6xc shooter had been on team Geritol with another guy an I, an team Geritol came first no matter what. I still don't think he believes us to this day, but it was pure stupid on my part, for if the shots had been on my target I would have won that match. Oh well stupid should hurt, lol.

Oct 15, 2011
I agree, while preparing for the 2004 Grand American Trapshoot I practiced in all weather conditions and it paid off! I won the Beretta shoot-out that year after shooting all day in the wind, rain, and darkness.

The prize was a $10,000 Beretta DT-10 Combo. It was worth it,

Love my Berettas. My favorite is a 28 ga EELL Diamond Pigeon, King Ranch. I grew up near the ranch and spent a lot of time hunting and fishing there.

diverdon

Online Training Member
Dec 21, 2011
WNY
[h=2]U R A range pussy if---you only go to the range when your wife gives you permission.[/h] U R A range pussy if---you only go to the range after the yard work is done
U R A range pussy if---you only go to the range when you have extra money for ammo
U R A range pussy if---you only go to the range when you don't think the better shooters will be there
U R A range pussy if---you want to compare your results to other shooters
U R A range pussy if---you insist on telling other shooters what they are doing wrong
U R A range pussy if---you enforce safety rules beyond the Cooper 4
U R A range pussy if---you see a violation of one of Coopers 4 rules and fail to correct it

U R A range pussy if---you only go to the range when you don't think the better shooters will be there
Guilty as charged, because I don't want to be shot by those who should never be allow to use/own a gun!

Yesterday AM, Cold, raining sideways, re-zeroing after a two stage trigger install in a Rem 700, had the whole place to myself, wet but a great day!

buffalowinter

Rick Jones MAJ, SF (Ret)
Mar 17, 2014
Llano, TX
I've only ever shot on three types of ranges

1. Military ranges

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/08FPBOJl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

2. Competitions
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/8mRSFBXl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

3. My range

[video=facebook_2017;100003746881355/videos/971034779698076/]https://www.facebook.com/100003746881355/videos/971034779698076/[/video]

Last edited:

FatBoy

Chris Hayes, Nashville TN
Jul 29, 2001
Nashville, Tennessee
The least desirable to shoot on. Yet on those you except the fact, you may get shot or worst.
True. I have never been on a two way range, though I would bet BW has, even if he can't talk about it.

I am a dyed in the wool range pussy. I accepted that when I chose to start shooting Palma.

That said, I hate brakes, even though In use them on four of my ninja rifles. (in fairness, two are just to hook up the Ops12 can so they don't count ) and I cannot stand fuckers who leave the range in a shitty state for the range cadre or the next mornings shooters to straighten out.

How hard is it to re-face a target or paint it before you put it away? Clean up after yourself.
No, I don't want my balls digging into you brass from yesterday.
Do me a favor and don't smoke upwind. I could care less that you smoke, but have some fucking courtesy.

That's pretty much it for my pet peeves, but I admit I am a range pussy so....

Mar 1, 2017
Middle Tennessee
My range pet peeves.
1. Shooting my target.
2. Smoking on the firing line.
3. Answering the phone on the firing line.
4. Getting pissy when I ask you to put a chamber flag in for range cold.
5. Mag dumps.

Aug 16, 2013
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Range pussies have to go with friends.
Range pussies only shoot at targets that are easy to hit.
That being said, at least you're at the range. I hate it when people buy guns, but never shoot them.

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
My pet peeve:

Being squaded at a 1000 yard match next to a guy shooting a M1873 Trapdoor using black powder. The smoke from his rifle seemed to want to hang right in front of my firing point.

Its difficult to read mirage through a haze of black powder smoke. Target wasnt easy to see either.

FatBoy

Chris Hayes, Nashville TN
Jul 29, 2001
Nashville, Tennessee
My pet peeve:

Being squaded at a 1000 yard match next to a guy shooting a M1873 Trapdoor using black powder. The smoke from his rifle seemed to want to hang right in front of my firing point.

Its difficult to read mirage through a haze of black powder smoke. Target wasnt easy to see either.
Black powder at 1k huh. I assume they aren't parking the cars near the pits:)

Feb 15, 2017
You're a range pussy if you shoot from a mechanical sled and go around telling the prone , tripod and rear bag guys how much better of a shot you are . Got a guy at my range that whether your sitting , kneeling , prone , standing AR or prone bolt gun .
He can outshoot you anyday . Funny cause I never fuckin asked .

XLR308

Sergeant of the Hide
Mar 22, 2018
If you show up to the range wearing a bunch of tacticool garb (elbow and knee pads, BDU's) while shooting from the comfort of a bench.

bobke

Sergeant
Sep 17, 2010
Tx Hill Country
People show up at range with a new gun and cheap scope and cheaper mount, can’t buy a shot on paper and then want to borrow your tools and your time to help fix it...and you do it for them, rather than letting them f it up even more.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Oct 24, 2017
You're a range pussy if you shoot from a mechanical sled and go around telling the prone , tripod and rear bag guys how much better of a shot you are . Got a guy at my range that whether your sitting , kneeling , prone , standing AR or prone bolt gun .
He can outshoot you anyday . Funny cause I never fuckin asked .
Probably the same guy has never turned his elevation or windage turrets since sighting in at 100y.

christopher.dow

I can use measuring things
Apr 28, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I bitch about #2 almost every weekend or the all time winner, a guy shooting an AR-15 and dumping mags under an awning. And, to top it off, the casings are flying all over the place and hitting me. Bitch, bitch, bitch - that's me.
I don’t know why, but I’ve shot my very best groups with my son’s brass hitting me face when he’s shooting an AR next to me.

I wonder if it’s because I know I need to focus more?

FishDr

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 10, 2014
southern IL
Do me a favor and don't smoke upwind. I could care less that you smoke, but have some fucking courtesy.
This one Bugs me the most. I guess I’m super sensitive. Last match I shot, the RO was blowing Upwind most of the day. He traveled with the squad. I shot like crap, but didn’t make excuses. It was me.

On that note … guys that start making excuses before the shooting even starts!

sandwarrior

Gunny Sergeant
Apr 21, 2007
in yooperland
1. Does -18F* count? It wasn't snowing or raining that day. I don't like to have to goop oil and grease on my weapons after shooting, so I avoid those.
2. yeah, when someone don't ask...it's as disrespectful as smoking upwind
3. bench shooting...trying for small groups, You might not understand that.
4. See #3
5. See #3
6? talking about weather?
7. Having to shoot alternately is kind of a pussy thing.
8. Can't say I've ever seen anyone "HAPPY" when things didn't go where they were supposed to.
9. And why wouldn't you shoot match ammo if practicing for a match. Shooting shit ammo isn't going to get you where you want to be.
10. run an guns are matches, that's why you use what works for matches. Why shoot what doesn't work or what you are saving for more precision work?
11. That's not "pussy"...that's stupid. FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM...before you kill or maim someone else on the range.
12, I'll go with that, You oughta have a pretty good idea where your rifle shoots
13. WTF?...whose shooting those matches? So, the guy with the duplex can't compete with the fixed ten guy with the mildot? Part of the fun of shooting is running what you brung. If a guy doesn't have a marked reticle, he has to dial.

So, two out of thirteen...I'm a range pussy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom