Trijicon Oasys

Eliteuas

Advanced Air Marksman
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
Thanks Joe. I finally realized my issue has always been wanting the best of the best and having to work with my limitations, in regards to my individual circumstances doesnt require that. My decision comes down to three criterias
1- warranty and support if needed
2- quality and reliability
3- adjustability & adaptability to several platforms

My little brother is finally starting to hunt predators this year (hes 11) and I'm giving him my .257 with a NF f1 4-14. As my dad doesnt hunt hes limited to airguns for now as far as ownership goes. When we go with my buddies and they can take responsibility for the firearm my brother will be shooting a buddies 17wsm suppressed. Probably gonna get him another simrad as I sold mine and it's a relatively low cost option to get him shooting at night. we will see when the time comes. Will have to be a kn253 though... The short barreled .457 will be mine with a NX8 and thermal / raptar lrf and I'll be rocking a patrol monocular to spot. I'll be ranging targets for the both of us.
I'll be making a thread similar to yours describing the hunts and by the end of the year I hope to have my youtube channel up making videos similar to oneill ops yet with air guns.

Its gonna be called. Art Of Concealment presents: Hunt Or Be Hunted

Anyway so that's that. I'm looking forward to it. it's been a life long passion (hunting) and I want to share that passion with as many people as I can.
Regards
Felipe

wigwamitus

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 5, 2014
Wabaunsee, KS
And remember, the SNIPE has the same BAE core as the UTC-x.

And on your projectile. What about a lighter faster projectile ? Would that give you less drop over most of the same distance ??

Eliteuas

Advanced Air Marksman
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
Here's what the hornady ballistic calculator is giving me for the projected .457 build at 800 fps... before it gets a new match barrel (although it comes with a lothar walther) and the internal upgrades made by my air-smith Doug Noble such as the high air flow valve which will most likely get it to 925-950fps or so. As far as bullet selection these guns are picky. The Accuracy and shape /weight of the projectile correlate directly. These happen to like the 254gr & 350gr.
From a 50 yard zero.7043666704366770436687043669

Eliteuas

Advanced Air Marksman
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
Here's what my custom .257 printed during sight in session at 50yds. Built by the same Smith with aftermarket mods and new barrel. Drop for
85gr hpbt around 9mils to 200 yards