Trijicon Credo 1-8x28

Kodiak61

Private
Belligerents
Mar 31, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
This is not a review, however just wanted to share some pictures and brief description of this since I have yet to see anything posted about it.

I picked this up at a LGS as I happened to be there when it was brought in (Adelbridge in San Antonio).

Clear and crisp image, red is visible in the day, but I wouldn’t call it “daylight bright”, green disappears in the sun as expected. Solid adjustments under the pull up turret caps, and smooth adjustment from 1x to 8x.

This replaced a Leupold CQBSS w/TMR that was considerably heavier, longer, with less eye relief, less field of view and the reticle was less visible in the day.

I’m going to take it to the range tomorrow and can report back then, please feel free to ask any questions you like and I will do my best to answer. Please keep in mind I’m just a dude and not a professional YouTube reviewer guy.

Attachments

Pointman308

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 6, 2011
Idaho
At first glance I thought this was just a rebranded Accupower, but it is not. It looks like they’ve made changes to the illumination and the reticle. They also redesigned the throw lever.

hunter8793

AEKDB
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2018
Arkansas
So...
It is an Accupower but with a new name and the following changes?

1. Throw lever is different
2. It has both red and green illumination all in one scope.
3. The reticle is different

Is that it?

Kodiak61

Private
Belligerents
Mar 31, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
Some additional pictures that were requested. These are from an IPhone 7, so curb expectations.

Shed is 40 yards away from where pictures were taken.

there is a field of view pic, 1x, 4x and 8x red at the highest setting (5). I took the same pictures with green but it washed out.

Thanks for looking,

Andrew

Attachments

Kodiak61

Private
Belligerents
Mar 31, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
Yes, the pictures don’t show it real well but the very center is also illuminated. It’s very precise and a welcome change to me from the hollow Leupold TMR reticle.

Reactions: Pointman308

patscrazy

Private
Belligerents
Mar 2, 2013
Cape Cod
I mean it looks exactly like and specs the same as the Accupower 1-8, but they changed up the horrible huge center cross, so that’s a plus. These are great optics. Nice glass, built like a tank, but they’re huge. The NF NX8 blows it away with the weight savings for the gas guns these generally go on. Ymmv

roamin

Private
Belligerents
Jun 11, 2017
At 25.6 oz this is the heaviest scope in class. Looks like an Accupower with some mild changes. I have an Accupower the glass is around the top end of mid tier optics good but nothing to get exicted about.

Pointman308

Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 6, 2011
Idaho
At 25.6 oz this is the heaviest scope in class. Looks like an Accupower with some mild changes. I have an Accupower the glass is around the top end of mid tier optics good but nothing to get exicted about.
Actually the Primary Arms Platinum 1-8 is heavier @26 ounces and some change😀

Csbarr

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2020
I think the bushnell smrs is heavier at 25.9 actually weight vs the factory labeled weight.

slothlacrosse

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 19, 2010
What do ya'll think the bottom is on Accupower prices? I can snag one for $999 right now, but I'd rather spend a couple extra bucks and get the better reticle; however, I think I'd deal with the thick reticle for $699.

Reactions: Pointman308

lafrance

Private
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2005
co
Just an FYI. I just had an experience with Trijicon and found out that the warranty on electronics is only 5 years. The sight was no longer made so they offer me a MRO for $371. The going retail now for the same model is under $400, hell of a deal. No more Trijicons for me.

Csbarr

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2020
Just an FYI. I just had an experience with Trijicon and found out that the warranty on electronics is only 5 years. The sight was no longer made so they offer me a MRO for $371. The going retail now for the same model is under $400, hell of a deal. No more Trijicons for me.
Oh man!!! That's just not cool at all. Is this a general rule of thumb for all Trijicon offerings? 5 years only?

lafrance

Private
Belligerents
Dec 3, 2005
co
Go to Trijicon's website and search under warranty. You will be surprised. Everyone thinks it is Lifetime, NOT. The warranty is also from DATE of Manufacturer, not date of purchase.

roamin

Private
Belligerents
Jun 11, 2017
This is much lighter than the CQBSS it replaced. Feels down right light by comparison.
According to the specs the Trijicon is 25.6oz and the MK8 is 23.5 oz and the MK8's weight includes the Alumina caps which is probably 2oz so it's 4oz lighter.

Kodiak61

Private
Belligerents
Mar 31, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
I need to buy a scale to compare, because with them sitting here in my hands, the trijicon feels much lighter.

Guess I’m crazy and factually incorrect, but it sure feels much lighter.

That is all I can say about that sir.

roamin

Private
Belligerents
Jun 11, 2017
I need to buy a scale to compare, because with them sitting here in my hands, the trijicon feels much lighter.

Guess I’m crazy and factually incorrect, but it sure feels much lighter.

That is all I can say about that sir.
Niet.

Screenshot_20200201-155712.png

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 25, 2017
I can't see anything about these 1-4 and 1-8 Credos that differentiate them from the Accupowers they replaced.

I'm about 99% sure that it's the same shit with a different name.