Tikka T3 Upgrade

StraightShotLLC

Private
Belligerents
Sep 3, 2012
I dont normally upgrade my rifles but I would like to upgrade my current T3 300 WSM. Looking for recommendations of what to do.

Definitely want to replace the plastic etc. Looking for any and all suggestions.

thanks

j

NY700

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 23, 2009
Dallas
Sterk shroud and bolt. Personally I really like the AI style bolt.

Stock of your choice. Hard to go wrong with manners. Otherwise picknthe chasisnyou prefer

Timney 2 stage trigger

And go

Reactions: cannoncrossfire

346ci

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 26, 2010
NC
I went with CDI when my Manners T4 was built. Mountain Tactical and Grayboe make them also.

That is all I did for upgrades, have some yo dave trigger springs but haven't installed them yet.

BurnOut

DDOJSIOC
Belligerents
Nov 24, 2013
Dallas
Tikka Performance has some nice bottom metal/magazine options, and some nice bolt shrouds as well. They offer bolt handles too, but do not offer a swept (angled) version, which I prefer; I go to Glades Armory for those (be aware that some folks have had some bad experiences with Glades customer service, but I have never had any problems). Other than that, a YoDave or Tikka Performance trigger spring, and you should be good to go!

When you wear out that 300 WM barrel, you might think about going 300 PRC, as it's a shorter/fatter case which will let you run the heavier 30-caliber projectiles without intruding (as much) on powder capacity. There are a couple of barrel nut systems available for Tikkas now (Patriot Valley Arms, Southern Precision Rifles/Bugholes), so you can get a barrel, get a headspace gauge, and install your own barrel (saving you time and a few dollars).

I have two Tikkas with a third in the works. Love 'em.

Crews

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2017
My only rifle is a Tikka. I am really enjoying my new KRG Bravo stock, and the Sterk bolt handle is officially ballin’ out of control.

perttime

Registered from Finland
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Finland
If you go with a Manners stock, the Manners Mini Chassis would make sense. Except if you mind a little more weight.

DXT_Shooter

Private
Belligerents
Nov 23, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I upgrade the stock on mine to a Manners PRS1 with mini chassis, Sterk bolt and shroud, had a mountain Tactical 20 MOA rail as well.

It’s a great set up for me although I did have a KRG Bravo that I really liked as well.

9141D100-6699-48AC-9CD3-1D0434FE8608.jpeg