Tikka T3 Thread

Americancheese

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2019
The sponge paint job is everywhere now.....kinda played out imo. I just rattle canned two colors lone survivor style and was done in 20 minutes.7095863

Reactions: stello1001

Americancheese

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2019
I guess I can add my name to this thread, I take delivery of my T3X Tac A1 left hand on Tuesday, I've got my Sterk bolt knob and shroud on the way. I'm just considering optics now, either Burris XTR II or a Steiner? 3X15.
Steiner all the way P4x 4-15 with free rings from DSG. What caliber did you get?

viking78

Private
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2011
FINLAND
I was shooting on my friends lands yesterday.
half kilometer steel plate on a target.
Roni did shoot with the 260rem and hi´s 223rem.
Roni´s new record distance, old was 300-meters, so hi nearly double the distance :)

I did some suppressor testing with my new Jaki mini sniper.

viking78

Private
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2011
FINLAND
Nice :cool:.
Im having a TAC A1 in 6.5 creedmoor tomorrow or day after that.
The scope i am putting on this is something wicked, i will let you guys se it when i got it ;)

Muley Buck

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2018
California
just got my T3x CTR 24" 6.5 creed today

my camera is garbage but w.e

is it possible to remove the cheek piece on top? I want to replace it with an adjustable kydex cheek riser.
Congrats on the rifle! Yup, I've seen some fellas do it. Although I dont know how as I've never done it. Sounds like a fun project though.

Stooxie

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018

is it possible to remove the cheek piece on top? I want to replace it with an adjustable kydex cheek riser.
Yes, just carefully pry up the little plastic plug/circle on top and you'll see the screw underneath.

-Stooxie

Reactions: awcmon

PBWalsh

Isaiah 40:25-31
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Tuscaloosa, AL

my camera is garbage but w.e

Did your CTR come with the vertical grip module or did you have to buy it from Tikka/Beretta?

awcmon

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018

My bipod and scope caps finally came today. I also took off the cheek piece and the foam inside the stock and filled it with 6 lbs of lead. The current cheek rest is temporary, until my adjustable kydex one arrives. It weighs about 16 lbs right now.

Reactions: NiemiPT

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
Belligerents
Sep 16, 2017
El Campo, TX

My bipod and scope caps finally came today. I also took off the cheek piece and the foam inside the stock and filled it with 6 lbs of lead. The current cheek rest is temporary, until my adjustable kydex one arrives. It weighs about 16 lbs right now.
With the cheekpeice off is the inside foam exposed? If not I will pull mine off and put on one of my stock packs. With the cheek peice installed plus the stock pack, the stock is entirely too wide and i have to dang near lay my head sideways.

awcmon

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
With the cheekpeice off is the inside foam exposed? If not I will pull mine off and put on one of my stock packs. With the cheek peice installed plus the stock pack, the stock is entirely too wide and i have to dang near lay my head sideways.
There's only a small hole drilled through the top of the stock and that's the only place where the foam is exposed. It's only like 2-3mm wide or so. Your stock pack will probably just cover it and you should be good.

As Stooxie said above, there's a small plastic plug covering the screw on the cheek piece. I used an xacto knife to get the plug off, took out the screw, and pulled the cheek piece off.

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO

You can buy tungsten bucking bars online. They can be had as 1.3lb, 4"x .75" x .625" forms for instance. Perfect for inletting into the forearm under the barrel channel just in front of the recoil lug.

Zoran

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2019
I could not hold my self, so the X-ray is now also in the camo outfit :eek:.
There is also some step by step photos, how i do that sponge camo paint.
No turning back :D
http://instagr.am/p/ByYGwXehjEt/
A great looking rifles! Looking at your other photos on the net, can you please tell if device at the top of the barrel is a muzzle break or silencer and if you have a link to manufacturer or a name of the model. Thanks...

Reactions: viking78

viking78

Private
Belligerents
Jul 6, 2011
FINLAND
A great looking rifles! Looking at your other photos on the net, can you please tell if device at the top of the barrel is a muzzle break or silencer and if you have a link to manufacturer or a name of the model. Thanks...
That is Ase Utra SL5i suppressor :)
aseutra.fi

Reactions: Zoran

PBWalsh

Isaiah 40:25-31
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Tuscaloosa, AL
@viking78 (or anyone else)

Looking at those Bravo stocks. KRG says the LOP minimum is 12.7”. Can anyone give me an exact measurement for the minimum length of pull? Just sold my only centerfire bolt rifle so a used CTR may be in my future for a budget build.

carbonbased

everyone’s made of carbon, buuuddy
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
Anybody know of a varmint weight barreled Tikka T3x in .204? Sold in the USA? I see them for sale in Canada, but importation is $$$. Tikka's site is rather sub-par at filtering by caliber…on the main site I get one set of results, but in the "Tikka Selector" I get a different set of results. ANYWAY the Tikka Selector gives me a super-cool option JRTXF322 https://choose.tikka.fi/usa/code/JRTXF322, which is a stainless varmint in 204, but google gives me a big fat zero results for "JRTXF322". Hmmmm.

littlepod

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 16, 2012
Makeshift cheek rest as I was trying to at least shoot the rifle while waiting on the KRG Bravo to come in. Right now I'm shooting my Tikka T1X actually a lot better, which is in a Bravo. I duct taped a towel around the stock to raise my cheek up which now is the perfect height.

I also took shots w/o my new Area 419 brake since there were people at the range, and when they left I put it on the first time. Having a quick detach brake is pretty darn nice. Huge difference with the brake on as I was able to stay on target and have quicker followup shots.

I do tend to shoot right a lot... even with dialing the scope left, it wasn't moving as much as it should. Now it could be the scope having tracking issues... or me. Most likely me. The dialing up & down worked as expected, 0.72 inches per 0.1 mil. I did notice that with me jogging back and forth 200 yards each way, my heartbeat was causing the rifle to move left & right, maybe that accounts for the left & right variation, vs the up & down being pretty good.

I'm looking forward to getting better! Watching / reading the snipers hide training will be really helpful.

O

old_dood

My first post here. I too just bought a CTR in 6.5CM and picked it up yesterday. I bought 200 120g SMK and loaded 25 to sight-in/break-in. I didn't even measure the loads. I merely adjusted my powder drop to a moderate Varget load and dropped right into the case. I'm assuming there was a -.2 to +.2 or greater variation. My thinking was that "I'm going to spend most of the time cleaning after sight in" Long story short, after cleaning the night before to the point of no copper indication, the barrel appeared to have already been broken in sufficiently. After the first shot at the range, no copper. Shot 4 next....no copper.

unmarked group is sight in and just getting used to it. Group 1 is 100 yds. Group 2, 200 yd, group 3 200 yd after adding muzzle brake. Trigger was very heavy, I'd say 4-5 lb.
After I got home I installed the Yodave spring in the trigger. When I looked at the instructions for doing so on Youtube I noticed that a leaf spring was under the trigger screw (on the video that is). On my rifle, there was no such spring. I also didn't get an accessory vertical handgrip.
Out of 25 rounds fired I had about 3 instances of the round not being fed from the mag resulting in a dry fire. Could that be due to missing leaf spring?
I'm lovin' me some Tikka.