This is Going to Be Harder Than I Thought

Defender3

Online Training Member
Mar 8, 2010
NoVA
Trying to locate a donor '03 to be built into a Vintage Sniper might take a bit longer than I anticipated. I started to go through all the auction and military sales sights only to be less than impressed with the offerings. Being a longtime Garand guy, I'm used to humped up stuff and it looks like you '03 guys have not been spared. Some of the descriptions are comical, and some are just outright lies. A nice looking rifle with clear wear patterns but the stock has no stampings, dents or dings and the rifle is being offered as original. Poor pictures or pictures designed to hide the problems, or only 3-4 pictures with a description that the "pictures do the talking" on this rifle. Oh, and the prices, have people lost their minds? $1500 parts guns, $2500+ rifles that are "questionable," and overpriced Greek returns. Alright rant off/

Apr 28, 2012
Van Wert, Ohio
I'm always annoyed by how everything is a "real" Marine Sniper.

I've seen so many fakes that have a story attached of, "a Marine (enter rank) brought this home."

I do know a guy who has a really good clone. He wanted 2500 for it the last time I talked to him. It has a lot of money in rare parts, the pre war C stock, NS bolt, for example.

Defender3

Online Training Member
Mar 8, 2010
NoVA
I'm always annoyed by how everything is a "real" Marine Sniper.

I've seen so many fakes that have a story attached of, "a Marine (enter rank) brought this home."

I do know a guy who has a really good clone. He wanted 2500 for it the last time I talked to him. It has a lot of money in rare parts, the pre war C stock, NS bolt, for example.
I'd be interested in starting a discussion on the clone.

I bought a Lend Lease Garand out of Texas years ago when no-one was really collecting them. It came with a letter from the family of the Colonel who carried it in WWII while in Patton's Army. It's not worth it trying to educate at that point due to the emotional attachment. I simply buy the rifle, not the story.

Top Bottom