They're really harping on the federal workers not getting paid.

QuickNDirty

NaN
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 26, 2013
.gov has been shut down for not even 3 weeks and they've got teary eyed women talking about mortgage or food is the choice they're going to have to make if it goes on much longer.

How in the fuck?

I mean, shit... Are they too worthless to take an entry level job to make ends meet? Maybe now is a good time for them to consider other lines of work. Something a little less risky, maybe :ROFLMAO:

Serious question here: How long would it take you to find another job on short notice?

My answer to that question is: About 20-30 minutes. Leaving on good terms and keeping in contact with people you've worked with is a good idea. Even if something fucking crazy happened, I could still scrape by doing random bullshit, or hell, go sling some pies again for nostalgia's sake.

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
Well, there about 40,000 or more government workers that are under the category of "excepted personnel". That means that you don't have the option of just finding another job to make ends meet. You are obligated by law to show up for work even though you aren't getting paid. To obtain work outside of your current occupation actually requires written permission by the senior official of your agency. To do so without permission is grounds for termination of your employment.

So, it isn't just as simple as that. They have you by the balls. And no matter how much you can make in tips from the local pizza place, it won't equal a $50K - $100K job with full benefits.

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Belligerents
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
It's also going to hit the Demoncrats loyal followers. WIC and SNAP won't have funding either. An article states they paid out 4.7 billion in SNAP benefits last September. Hmmmm, If they hold out for a month and a half, they have the 5 billion they need for the wall.
Kill WIC and SNAP for long enough it's gonna be Wild, Wild, West (etc.) Philly. As it was the other night, I had to fade an aggressive teen panhandler who tried to get into my personal space doing a fill-up. Pretty soon they're gonna drop the Manson lamps bullshit and fill their hands.

Reactions: Bender

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
Let them keep not getting paid. 70% of them are excess; keep the shutdown going and we'll see how little we actually need government.
I'm pretty sure, you are for border control, yet 30,000+ Border Patrol and Customs agents are the biggest part of that "excepted service", so in your opinion they should all just go home and die and leave the border absolutely unmanned?

QuickNDirty

NaN
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 26, 2013
Kill WIC and SNAP for long enough it's gonna be Wild, Wild, West (etc.) Philly. As it was the other night, I had to fade an aggressive teen panhandler who tried to get into my personal space doing a fill-up. Pretty soon they're gonna drop the Manson lamps bullshit and fill their hands.
Odd reference...

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
The furloughed feds in PA can collect unemployment compensation, what the fuck are these shitbags crying about? Try "living within your means" maybe a "savings account"
You think you just walk in with a piece of paper and walk out with cash? Not hardly. It amounts to a loan anyway if you get back pay. The unemployment has to be reimbursed.

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Belligerents
Jan 25, 2010
Out West
I'm pretty sure, you are for border control, yet 30,000+ Border Patrol and Customs agents are the biggest part of that "excepted service", so in your opinion they should all just go home and die and leave the border absolutely unmanned?
That outlines the bigger problem. We have border security people listed as non essential yet I'm sure if you go through the list of who is still working through a shut down, you could reduce that by 70% as well.

Border security needs to be on the same level as military.

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
That outlines the bigger problem. We have border security people listed as non essential yet I'm sure if you go through the list of who is still working through a shut down, you could reduce that by 70% as well.

Border security needs to be on the same level as military.
All sworn agents are essential personnel . They have to show up for work. They work without pay till this is over.

QuickNDirty

NaN
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 26, 2013
Do border patrol agents know when they sign up that they might not get paid for extended periods of time AND that they can't work anywhere else to cover expenses?

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
Do border patrol agents know when they sign up that they might not get paid for extended periods of time AND that they can't work anywhere else to cover expenses?
Nope, you find that out later. Nobody tells you that shit until it comes up....."oh by the way...."

Hookturnr

Low Speed, High Drag
Belligerents
Jan 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA ish..
You think you just walk in with a piece of paper and walk out with cash? Not hardly. It amounts to a loan anyway if you get back pay. The unemployment has to be reimbursed.
No, you don't even have to walk in..you go to the website, fill out the information required and you get a direct deposit to your chosen account in 2 weeks. Hell, they will even withhold taxes for you or send you a debit card if you don't want direct deposit

Whoa be it that they should have to pay it back when the gov't decides to pay them in full for the services they didn't render during congress' pissing match.

clcustom1911

Non Sibi Sed Patriae
Belligerents
Oct 23, 2017
Southern Kommiefornia
Every time I see that picture, the muscle memory from one of the 50 million carbine 'up drills' I've done starts on its own.
Yup. Whenever I see the "crazy eyes" in subjects I contact at work, I'm always thinking, "Oh boy, this is it... I'm gonna have to blast this one."

But then I remember I'm in California, and I'll have charges filed on me if I'm a meanie-butt.

Reactions: MinnesotaMulisha

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
In the end this shut down over 6 billion will end up costing 10 billion.

Who is getting screwed here?

Reactions: JimLee

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
No, you don't even have to walk in..you go to the website, fill out the information required and you get a direct deposit to your chosen account in 2 weeks. Hell, they will even withhold taxes for you or send you a debit card if you don't want direct deposit

Whoa be it that they should have to pay it back when the gov't decides to pay them in full for the services they didn't render during congress' pissing match.
You sound like an expert.

Reactions: ArmyJerry

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
Yes I have a job, and yes I have worked for free.
These furloughed workers will get back pay anyway.
If you're too irresponsible to have some money put back for unforseen events, well let this be you introduction to adulthood.
You are assuming everyone affected has been on the job long enough to build up a proper savings. Did you get issued a savings account when you started a job? How long did it take you to build one up? How long could you go without a paycheck? How long till they repossess the single wide?

Reactions: HolyCity73 and FJG

FS1

Unbalanced
Belligerents
Mar 24, 2014
Earth
Eff these employees. They are getting a paid vacation that will only cost them a delayed paycheck. They will still get paid for not working. Make that illegal and watch how fast the Dems get on board.

Spblademaker

Don’t tell my wife
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2017
They aren’t “not” getting paid. They just aren’t being paid right this minute. They get all that money that they lost.

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
So can you show me where there jobs are required in the Constitution? If not, fuckem, let them starve. They are thieving thugs just like their criminal friends we elect.
Article I, section 8 of the US Constitution is where the power to raise armies and navies and control the flow of goods and people through the borders of the United States is described.

So yeah, the military and all those who work on the border have an actual constitutional mandate. I'm surprised you didn't know that being the constitutional scholar you are.

Reactions: TripleBull

Karma Enforcer
Belligerents
Jul 19, 2014
Yes I have a job, and yes I have worked for free.
These furloughed workers will get back pay anyway.
If you're too irresponsible to have some money put back for unforseen events, well let this be you introduction to adulthood.
Seriously. A person making $50k-$100k yr shouldnt be living paycheck to paycheck. Time for a financial adjustment.

ArmyJerry

PoPo's Conscience
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2012
that would be Mil , Customs Border Patrol, yes I wasnt talking about them, as far as I am concerned the rest of the gov is pretty much unconstitutional.

Article I, section 8 of the US Constitution is where the power to raise armies and navies and control the flow of goods and people through the borders of the United States is described.

So yeah, the military and all those who work on the border have an actual constitutional mandate. I'm surprised you didn't know that being the constitutional scholar you are.

quietmike

Private
Belligerents
Oct 17, 2009
Shelbyville, TN
You are assuming everyone affected has been on the job long enough to build up a proper savings. Did you get issued a savings account when you started a job? How long did it take you to build one up? How long could you go without a paycheck? How long till they repossess the single wide?
How long until you balls drop and you start at least acting like a man instead of a spoiled whiny bitch?

jinxx4ever

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2013
border patrol are getting paid

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2010
The Snobbiest Town in The Snobbiest State in the N
1547040359840.png

According to this rocket-scientist... the Federal GS-type parasites don't want paychecks. As they don't want to be used as pawns.

Ok... offer accepted.

Up here at Schloss Nitrocellulose... I still have power and a wood stove. The Interwebs still work. Water still running. No major Mad Max gangs running rampant around these here Green Mountains. TV playing and all my machine tools work. Federal shutdown? What Federal shutdown?

If the federal agency parasites can't go without paychecks, maybe they should get jobs in the private sector where they don't have to worry about all these political shutdowns. Oh, wait. Then they have to do something useful for pay... and will get laid off when they perform like... government workers.

For the rest of us... no-you-know-whats-given. Maybe try taking your HUGE federal salary and your HUGE federal benefits package... that we-all pay for... and save a couple of paychecks. And if DC is un-affordable? I hear that UAW jobs in South Carolina are plentiful... and pay well!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Skookum

Theory of Devolution
Belligerents
May 6, 2017
Your mom's
It must be one hell of a feedback loop for you anti-government types. I feel for you, I really do.

All your hyperbolic circle jerking gets all fucked up when you realize that the government workers you hate, are the very ones keeping out all those "towel heads" and "wet backs", and doing shit like enforcing national borders, and therefore, national sovereignty.