The Woodchuck and Firewood Hoarders Thread

Jan 23, 2010
Morley IA
Up helping the old folks today with trimming, mowing, spring clean up, etc... I’m having lunch on the tailgate of the old Dodge enjoying a nice spring day looking up at the surrounding trees and notice this bar chain eater. Next trip I’m taking my angle grinder and a 100 ft extension cord before I forget it’s there.

E245EFD2-E920-4DAA-859D-988C28279C1A.jpeg

Icallem

Football Ref
Feb 10, 2011
N. Central MO
When my father in law decided to build a house he also wanted a lake in his back yard. He had to log out a draw so he had the logs sawed and dried. This lumber supplied all the wood for doors, cabinets and flooring. About a year ago while looking for something in the loft of his shed I found this piece of wood. He said he remembered cutting it and just threw it up there to dry(15 years). He gave it to me, so I ask my son if he could make something out of it. I thought it turned out nice.

My father in law is 82 and when he saw this the dust in the room almost got to him.

1528329782847.png

Sep 7, 2011
Golden CO
That is awesome!

The story makes an awesome table unforgettable.

Im kicking myself for not getting some of a big oak my dad had taken down a couple years ago.
Especially a round off the stump. Almost a perfect circle and was just over 60” across. Coulda made a helluva kitchen table with that.

Feb 21, 2017
FIFY
Up helping the old folks today with trimming, mowing, spring clean up, etc... I’m having lunch on the tailgate of the old Dodge enjoying a nice spring day looking up at the surrounding trees and notice this bar chain eater.
And I am going to buy one of those badass battery powered angle grinders to keep in my truck for whenever I see stuff like this.
Or when someone padlocks a forest service road and i am on the other side of the gate...

Top Bottom