The "Nom Nom Nom" Thread

Feb 13, 2017
Camano Island, Washington
View attachment 6903569

Cheers! I intend to. I forgot to mention, they were cooked over oak lump with pecan hunks on top. Seasoning was Weber honey garlic rub with some pink salt on top and the sauce is sweet baby rays honey barbeque.
I'm not really a beer snob, but you should give this a go......

It really should be served in a goblet, similar to what is shown. I have developed a real "sweet tooth" for Belgian beers. Chimay Grande Réserve (Blue) Isn't cheap and it may not be the absolute top of the pile, but you oughta spend the money once, just to see. For the purists, I'm confident they'll say that there are numerous micro's out there that are better, which may very well be the case.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/215/2512/

Sep 7, 2011
Golden CO
So, back at the end of March, my special lady’s parents came to visit for a week, help with her kids over spring break when school was closed, and be here for Easter.

We hit it off really well when I met them last fall after we had only been dating a 3 months or so.
This visit we had dinner several times, one was a spaghetti and meatball redo as her dad has Celiac’s and I made them with gluten containing breadcrumbs Last fall and he couldnt eat them. We also had halibut, salmon, and then made them a steak dinner.
Both said they would gladly buy all the fixins for another sometime as long as I do the cooking. Made the chef smile!

Started with some seared shrimp.
I just rinse and dry some U21-25 pealed and veined shrimp, then moderately dust each side with Chef Paul Prudhomes’ Blackened Redfish Magic. I heat the cast pretty hot and add some sunflower oil as it takes high heat well and doesnt add the flavor of the oil. Sear for about 90 seconds each side and:

FE9A6EB7-C66A-48FC-B355-EC6CD61D74E4.jpeg

Filets were rubbed on each side with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and granulated garlic and sat in the fridge for a couple hours. Then warmed for 40 minutes or so sitting out in room temp.
Cast was heated to around 500 and oven was on at 425. A little EVOO and sear each side for 2 minutes. Add some butter, fresh minced garlic, and thyme, then pop in the oven for 3-4 minutes depending on desired doneness. Mid rare for all but mom and medium for her.
Hit with a little more butter and a splash of dry red wine over heat after removing from oven, baste, then rest. Served with a brown rice/quinoa mix seasoned up, salad, and some veggies. We drank wine and were up past 2300 visiting and laughing.

5850DD83-D0E3-4B71-98AB-57E5CC346984.jpeg

They are great folks with giant hearts of gold. A lot of fun to hang out with and I always enjoy cooking for family and friends.

Top Bottom