The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I hope the MRAD wins the ARMY's second Precision Rifle Solicitation. The Canadian Cadex designed Remington Defense winner for the 1st solicitation has a MUCH too large of diameter fore arm. This forces the Pic. rail over the action to be too high and forces the cheek rest to be too high. The MRAD has no such problem.

Aside from the Remington Defense rifle giving the shooter cheek fitment problems it places the center of the scope much too high above the center of the bore so that any slight cant has a worse affect on a horizontal miss.

Eric B.

Aug 17, 2014
Tennessee
Another new owner question. When cleaning the bore, what do you recommend for a bore guide?

Thanks,

Phil
I know you asked this a while back, I've been gone for a bit and just saw it. Bore Tech made these a while back specifically to fit the MRAD. I don't know if they still do/have them or not but this one works great and fits perfect. Sorry about the shitty photography. fullsizeoutput_36e9.jpeg

Apr 28, 2011
does anybody know the manufacturer of the mrad barrels? Are they cold forged? or lapped? How is the quality compared to other precision rifles?
Is it possible to let manufacture a custom barrel, with a caliber what is not offered by barrett?
Rock Creek makes the barrels for the MRAD . I don’t know any other info on the barrel other then that . But I am certain they make the barrels . Rock Creek makes fantastic barrels .

Top Bottom