I share all of this of course...That's one of the 'why did they do this shit?' things I have with the MRAD. They're all small, but why??
- Why is the fucking bolt knob plastic. Of all the things you could cut weight on, thanks for saving those 2 ounces on the bolt knob.
- Why is it no matter what color MRAD you get, it always comes with the same black Magpul grip?
- Why can't you put a fucking caliber mark on the damn bolt head?
- Why do the rail piece inserts for the QD swivels allow the swivels to rotate 360 degrees instead of stopping so my sling doesn't try and make origami out of itself?
- You went through all that trouble to make a foldable stock with an adjustable cheek piece and adjustable LOP; why can't the fucking buttplate rotate then?
- the bolt knob is part of the folding stock lock mechanism. With the plastic ball they solved the problem quick and dirty. If you are interested in the bolt knob guy, go on fb and llok for 'The Polished Knob' The pic you saw are prototypes so no warranties, YMMV, I will test them this weekend.
-the magpul grip is just a placeholder...they are smart guys, they know that if you have six grands in your pocket for their rifle you can have whatever grip you like and each one his own...personally ergo wrapped in vetrap is my choice on all my AR semmies and of course on the MRAD too.
-oh man, you got it! a caliber mark or an id on both barrel ext and bolt head is really needed. I really did not expect they missin this.
-swivels thing and buttplate rotatin should be there period end of story. hope someone from Barrett gets this sooner or later.