The Fix from Q

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Staff member
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
Members,
Personal attacks and butthurt crusades in the technical forums will not be tolerated.

Stick to the topics and stick to what is relevant to the forum and the shooting community.
No judgment passed on who's right or who's wrong. This just simply is not the place for that kind of mudslinging.
Take the trash to Facebook, where it belongs.

Hondo1

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
Members,
Personal attacks and butthurt crusades in the technical forums will not be tolerated.

Stick to the topics and stick to what is relevant to the forum and the shooting community.
No judgment passed on who's right or who's wrong. This just simply is not the place for that kind of mudslinging.
Take the trash to Facebook, where it belongs.
Thank you!

Emanmarine1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
New York
I am new to the 6.5 creedmoor caliber. Can someone recommend a bore guide that works well with The Fix? Also what size patch do you use. Thank you in advance.

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
I am new to the 6.5 creedmoor caliber. Can someone recommend a bore guide that works well with The Fix? Also what size patch do you use. Thank you in advance.
I just use a Dewey bore guide with a section of silicon tube that fits over it to the correct diameter. You could also use just a thick o-ring.

Rootshot

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Just came back from bear hunting in Montana with the Fix. Was a joy to carry especially through thick brush.

We staked out a spot a few hundred yards across a lake from where we saw a bear. I found that using my Hatch Bipod fully extended into the pickup bed gave a really nice stable position. We were downwind and hiding behind the truck. Unfortunately the bear didn't come back.....

20190531_190007.jpg

Kevin Brittingham

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2017
Just came back from bear hunting in Montana with the Fix. Was a joy to carry especially through thick brush.

We staked out a spot a few hundred yards across a lake from where we saw a bear. I found that using my Hatch Bipod fully extended into the pickup bed gave a really nice stable position. We were downwind and hiding behind the truck. Unfortunately the bear didn't come back.....

View attachment 7088273
That's awesome! Sorry the bear didn't return.

cleric

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Dallas, tx

View attachment 7088273

Is that the 16in creed? First one I have seen posted that I can recall

Hobbes442

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
I think his 6.5 was a 24" proof barrel . so its his 308
still cool though

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 7, 2005
grand rapids, michigan
www.adamboynton.com

View attachment 7088273
What caliber did you hunt with?

cleric

Private
Belligerents
Nov 13, 2011
Dallas, tx
Did anyone get a cherry bomb when they ordered barrels? I thought they came with them and now there is a note saying no cherry bombs

JohnnyPhaze

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2018
Looking forward to finally getting to the range Monday to shoot my Fix. I switched the barrel to .308. It didn’t come with instructions so I watched Kit Badgers video on you tube which helped. Any input on about how many rounds it takes to break in the barrel?
Just an FYI...there are instructions on Q’s website that you can also probably print out as well for keep.

I did about 100-150 rounds to break in my 308. Some shoulders might not be able to handle it due to the lack of manliness. Enjoy and work on fundamentals because the 308 in this light of a setup will expose you.

Gotlag1789

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2018
Just an FYI...there are instructions on Q’s website that you can also probably print out as well for keep.

I did about 100-150 rounds to break in my 308. Some shoulders might not be able to handle it due to the lack of manliness. Enjoy and work on fundamentals because the 308 in this light of a setup will expose you.
mah mans :LOL::cool::sneaky: hahah

Emanmarine1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
New York
Broke in the .308 barrel yesterday. Everything went smooth. I was very happy with the rifle. I’m really looking forward to hunting season with the Fix! The muzzle brake made the rifle feel like shooting a 5.56. I did my best to be away from other shooters, but the guy 8 points away said it was extremely loud. I’m going to try shooting with just a thread protector next time to be a little more courteous to everyone else enjoying the range.

Attachments

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham

PBWalsh

Isaiah 40:25-31
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Tuscaloosa, AL
Anyone have a video showing quick bolt manipulation with the Fix? I can only find folks struggling to cycle it. Hoping the Hide can show some better bolt manipulations.

Curious to see the speed compared to other “standard” actions.

accurate_okie

Private
Belligerents
Sep 28, 2017
GA
New to the forum. I recently won the fix .308 from shooters surplus and was just wondering what was the best factory ammo people were using?
Can't go wrong with FGMM 175's. As far as hunting ammo I'm about to start testing some in the month or so I'm not sure there.

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
Anyone have a video showing quick bolt manipulation with the Fix? I can only find folks struggling to cycle it. Hoping the Hide can show some better bolt manipulations.

Curious to see the speed compared to other “standard” actions.
It’s a contender for the shortest, quickest bolt throw ever. If someone’s struggling and there isn’t something actually wrong with the rifle warranty wise I’d be questioning them not the rifle.

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 2, 2010
England
Has anyone got a geissele scope mount on their Fix?

I have changed my scope and like the look of them. Unfortunately I can’t try before I buy.

PBWalsh

Isaiah 40:25-31
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Tuscaloosa, AL
It’s a contender for the shortest, quickest bolt throw ever. If someone’s struggling and there isn’t something actually wrong with the rifle warranty wise I’d be questioning them not the rifle.
I can see that, didn’t know if there was a video on it showing how fast it can actually be. I see most folks using their thumb on top of the bolt to cycle. This tends to be extremely slow and inefficient. Are you using this technique or blading the bolt like a standard rifle?

Brasscow

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2009
Iowa
I can see that, didn’t know if there was a video on it showing how fast it can actually be. I see most folks using their thumb on top of the bolt to cycle. This tends to be extremely slow and inefficient. Are you using this technique or blading the bolt like a standard rifle?
It can be bladed just fine. I know how to run a bolt very quickly and it can keep up with any normal twist action bolt (ie not a blaser). If you’re used to having forward pressure applied during the downstroke while closing like I imagine you would be it takes a little getting used to not being able to do that, but otherwise it cycles the same as any other. Very smooth.

oniak

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 5, 2013
I really need to get one of these in the 6.5 flavor with a 16" barrel. Any idea when I can expect to receive it if I backorder it now? Thanks.

JJM3

Private
Belligerents
Feb 6, 2010
Texas
Has anyone got a geissele scope mount on their Fix?

I have changed my scope and like the look of them. Unfortunately I can’t try before I buy.
I’ve got the Geissele National Match Mount which is their lowest at 1.35”. With an SB 3-20x50 US it just clears the rail. It’s been a rock solid mount.

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 2, 2010
England
Thanks for the comments on the geissele mounts. Looks like I’m onto a winner.

I didn’t realise how heavy they were though.

I have bought a March 3-24X52 to save weight over the Schmidt and bender 5-20X50 ultra short. I don’t want to put back on the weight saved.

rydah

Moons out goons out.
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for the comments on the geissele mounts. Looks like I’m onto a winner.

I didn’t realise how heavy they were though.

I have bought a March 3-24X52 to save weight over the Schmidt and bender 5-20X50 ultra short. I don’t want to put back on the weight saved.
Nightforce mounts. Lightest 20moa mounts around and as strong and precise as anything else out there.