Swiss K31: Stunning

ptosis

Maniacal nitpick
Belligerents
Jun 9, 2014
Switzerland
Did any aftermaket 10 round mags come about for the K31?
Not that I know of. Stgw57 mags cannot be easily adapted, as they don't fit the opening in the K31 receiver.
There were a couple of more or less clumsy attempts to make a "Frankenstein monster" by joining the K31 mag top with a Stgw57 body, but nothing even close to market-ready.

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
Not that I know of. Stgw57 mags cannot be easily adapted, as they don't fit the opening in the K31 receiver.
There were a couple of more or less clumsy attempts to make a "Frankenstein monster" by joining the K31 mag top with a Stgw57 body, but nothing even close to market-ready.
Thanks for letting me know.

Bemoni

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2018
Denmark
As for the ammo and cases, Norma are making them, but they are costly, as hell!
The rifles has gained some popularity in Europe, over the past couple of years and the demand for mil-surp ammo is high, but they are quite hard to find.
One of my buddies has one, and he has almost given up long range shooting, in favour for this ol' sucker.

ptosis

Maniacal nitpick
Belligerents
Jun 9, 2014
Switzerland
As you said, Norma brass is excellent, but insanely expensive.
Recently, Sellier & Bellot started manufacturing 7.5x55; factory ammo is not as good as ordnance GP11, but the brass is good, certainly better than Partizan.

ACK

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 20, 2004
So. Ca
I acquired a K31 back when they were selling for ~150. It had a "card" with the last soldier's information; sent a letter but did not receive a response
This year I installed an old Bausch and Lomb 4200 6-24X using a no drill mount ST Marie.

It does well with Berger Bullets and 43 Gr of 4895; 2570 fps, SD 6.1 Brass: Grafs; OAL 3.01

As others have commented, once the barrel warms up the dispersion increases.

DSCN0044.JPG DSCN0042.JPG Target.JPG

Ledzep

Chancellor
Belligerents
Jun 9, 2009
Black Hills
I know this isn't the for-sale section, but I figure it'd be a real 'stars lined up' moment for anyone to catch it on this site's PX. I have taken the Weaver k4w and mount off of my rifle and if anyone is interested in either, feel free to PM me.

zfk55sr

Private
Minuteman
I often get that same flier pattern when i shoot my K31 with same set up.It drives me crazy. Any idea why the rifle does this??

Gents, this is the correct sight picture for an offset scope mount for the k31 and for the G11. Sight it in at 25 yards as pictured, and you'll go to 1,000 yards with no windage adjustment whatsoever. The current Guiness world record for a k31 is held by a friend of mine... Ernie Jiminez at 2,000+ yards with a k31 and a 190gr projectile. He had previously set the Guiness world record at 1,000 and then 1,500 with the same k31.

idkwhativebeentold

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
Far From Home
First time out at the range with mine I was driving tacks at 200 yards with the irons.
I didn't have any more distance but I am willing to bet I could have done better.
And tbh, I am not an expert shot by any means. The weapon is just so balanced and easy to shoot.
Obviously a well made piece of hardware. Still haven't put a scope on it.

nightforce007

Senior Sniper
Belligerents
Oct 25, 2017
United States
First time out at the range with mine I was driving tacks at 200 yards with the irons.
I didn't have any more distance but I am willing to bet I could have done better.
And tbh, I am not an expert shot by any means. The weapon is just so balanced and easy to shoot.
Obviously a well made piece of hardware. Still haven't put a scope on it.
Nicely Done,
I have shoot the K31 rifles in stock condition and have found them to be accurate to a point. They have many qualities that allow for intrinsic
accuracy. Excellent barrels. Stiff actions. Very good cartridge design. Excellent triggers. Very good bedding for a service rifle. I was an ass to have sold mine and i wish i hadn't