Swaro X5 or Zeiss V6

Truk505

New Hide Member
Jan 10, 2019
I’m looking at getting a new scope for a long range rifle and I think I’ve got it narrowed down to these two. The Swaro is nice but the elevation turret seems too big, the Zeiss looks like a nice scope but I don’t like the exposed windage turrets. Does anyone have expirience with these that they could pass on the good and bad to help me decide?

Thanks

Aug 17, 2017
The x5 has exposed windage turret as well. The tall elevation turret has never bothered me. I don’t shoot with gloves so in the winter it’s nice to have a bigger purchase.

Only thing that irritates me with the x5 is the windage turret doesn’t have left and right markings on it.

Dec 10, 2013
I have hunted with the Swaro X5i for two years. Great low light performance, great tracking, and the turrets are no problem. I like the 3.5x18x50 the best. The turrets never accidentally moved in 0ver 170 days of hunting. The illumination is good also.

Truk505

New Hide Member
Jan 10, 2019
It seems the Zeiss V6 is too new, I haven’t read anything regarding any failures yet. I like the weight, the power range and the price, I’m waiting to hear some negative reports.

JaoeyP

Sergeant of the Hide
Nov 28, 2018
It's been out over a year. You're most likely not seeing negative reports as it's a quality scope :)
Yep, came out mid 2017. Not a lot of info here because it's a SFP scope. Check out long range hunting.com/forum for more info. Those guys are bigger on SFP MOA scopes than Hide members tend to be.

I was a Zeiss rep for a few years (they terminated the contract with my agency first of this year) and have had a few of these mounted up. Excellent glass for the money (Flouride lenses make for very little chromatic aberration) and turrets as good as they come. The 3-18x50 is relatively compact and lightweight and all the 3-18 units I owned had at least 100 moa of elevation. I don't know much about the Swarovski but can say the V8 is a dandy of a scope.

Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I have the V6 on my dedicated 300 wm hunting rifle. It’s great glass and I have performed several tracking tests on it and its passed with flying colors. I typically run ATACR with the MOAR-t reticle and if I have a complaint, its the thickness of the reticle. It’s a hunting scope and not intended to simply shoot groups. You will not be disappointed in the glass or brightness of this scope even a little bit. It’s a lot of scope for 21 oz for sure.

crunchy

New Hide Member
Jan 1, 2019
I havent looked through the Swaro but I have the Zeiss and it is some impressive clear glass. Im sure the Swaro is just as clear. Cant go wrong with either.