Spray Painting Rifles

Kickin45

Sergeant of the Hide
Oct 7, 2018
How does that clear hold up to abuse? Realistic use not using it as a hammer of course.
Chip and scratch resistant?

Sep 16, 2011
Central Indiana
How does that clear hold up to abuse? Realistic use not using it as a hammer of course.
Chip and scratch resistant?
Really well actually. I have painted them in the past without it and it makes a huge difference. I have a Savage FV-SR 22LR that I use for small game and sling it and carry it through some brush and briars. That was probably 3 years ago and the finish is still really nice and held up very well.

SonicBurlap

Sergeant of the Hide
Aug 14, 2018
Usually I'm not a big fan of 'Say it with Krylon', it was alright for the loaners from Uncle Sam way back when but you actually make it look good. Great job and thanks for showing us how the magic happens.

Jan 11, 2014
Pretty cool looking. Have been day dreaming of doing this for years. Have my remington sps stock I can practice with. Really want to do my tikka like this.
I am happy the way mine turned out so the tikka will get a paint job tomorrow night. I’ll post pics when I’m done.

Krazy_jim

Sergeant of the Hide
Apr 9, 2014
Canada
Once February rolls in, I will practice with the old sps stock. Then move onto the Tikka, and maybe the B&C on my 700.

Anybody dealt with a stock that has the webbing? Did you change the way you did it, or just sprayed over it.