Show me you McMillan’s

Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
Ordering a McMillan A5 Adjustable tomorrow. Been looking through the Camo patterns and none of them really jump out at me. Just wondered if some fellow hide members could show me their guns in a McMillan. Not trying to be a copy cat, just think seeing a full gun and not just a stock gives a guy a better feel! Thanks!

Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
Those all look sweet! Ordered a TL3 and I’m gonna have my smith spin me up a Hawk Hill in 6.5 Creed. Can’t wait to see this all come together. My first full custom build! I’ve been googling around and right now I’m liking the Gap or Desert Transition camo patterns!

Apr 17, 2013
Sweden
Vargmat,
Could you please tell me what brand of adjustable but you have on your rifle ?
The one pictured has been replaced, but it was a Gehmann adjustable recoilpad. Its a German airweapons brand and they have a lot of accessories. It fit the McMillan very well but, I cant really recommend it. Its all alloy and the small bumps on it are not rubber, which I thought, they are made of hard plastic and it made it less than comfortable. I run a regular Pachmayr pad now.

SLG

Gunny Sergeant
Sep 2, 2009
Cant post a pic right now, so placeholder for later.

GAP build in a Game Scout. My absolute favorite traditional setup.

May 12, 2006
The Big Country
Ordering a McMillan A5 Adjustable tomorrow. Been looking through the Camo patterns and none of them really jump out at me. Just wondered if some fellow hide members could show me their guns in a McMillan. Not trying to be a copy cat, just think seeing a full gun and not just a stock gives a guy a better feel! Thanks!
McMillan A6 Adjustable in Urban Carbon Ambush finish.

John

Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
What is this Carbon Ambush? I am not finding it on their sight. Anybody ever done like a Gap carbon ambush? I think I would like the looks of that! Is there actually carbon fiber in the build or is it just something for looks?

Dec 5, 2009
Goodyear, AZ
What is this Carbon Ambush? I am not finding it on their sight. Anybody ever done like a Gap carbon ambush? I think I would like the looks of that! Is there actually carbon fiber in the build or is it just something for looks?
The carbon ambush colors are limited to the carbon fiber stocks or ones with a graphite shell. So you could build a fiberglass stock with the carbon fiber shell and carbon ambush finish if you preferred one of those finishes but wanted the extra weight of a fiberglass fill.

Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
All of these rifles look awesome!!!

I ordered my A5 today! Carbon shell. Spacer butt pad, flush cup on the left side of the stock, and both sides of forearm. 4 inch Rail for Bipod. Clamp Bar cheek riser.

I asked about the Gap carbon ambush, they don’t offer it...yet. I talked to the lady and did everything I could. She said that they plan on trying it in the next few months. I tried everything I could to offer up to be a test dummy, as I’m sure it would look kick ass. I’m gonna wait for the confirmation email and call back. See if I can’t get y’all then into it. I even offered to sign a no return policy saying I would take it knowing there would be no possibility of a refund.

Until then tho, I ordered it in Woodland Carbon Ambush. Now we wait!!

Thud

Gunny Sergeant
Sep 14, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
DSC_0004.JPG
McMillian F-class stock, Kelbly Panda RBLPRE, jewell trigger 1 oz., Desert camo cerrocoat, Vortex golden eagle replaced with a N/F competition 15-55,
caliber6 brc

Feb 13, 2017
I didn't love any of the Mcmillan colors either so I had them prep the stock for paint and had it painted by a professional auto body shop

If you like the T4A stock Manners has beautiful colors. I love my Manners stock

Top Bottom