Shorty exhaust on my s1000rr = nice

jbuck88

Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Nice. I don’t have the self control to own sport bikes anymore. I rode bike my entire life and rode my 1000RR to my motorcycle riding test. I have too many dependents now and had to sell the two wheelers. Strictly cages from now until college.

A RC51 would be on the list though. I just hope I’m not into Harley’s by then.

gigamortis

Habitual Sender
Oct 23, 2013
While the exhaust note of a well engineered internal combustion engine sounds awesome to us gearheads, it doesn't compute with my "gray man" formula.

Back in the day, I had a '99 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird. It was sneaky fast for its time, yet Honda smooth and quiet. All my buddies kept nudging me to put some aftermarket exhaust on it. I kindly replied "What the hell for? It can do 180 mph and the cops cant even hear it! Its perfect!"

Enjoy your RR. Its an awesome bike!

thejeep

Sergeant
Aug 30, 2008
tn
A RC51 would be on the list though. I just hope I’m not into Harley’s by then.
Dohc 4v/cylinder w/4 injectors it’s what a twin should be! Tuck the exhaust up high and centered and somehow drop some weight.

Stay away from those 2 wheeled lawn mowers!

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
I have no idea about OP's driving habits, he could be one of the safest motorcycle drivers on the planet for all I know. I have noticed that a surprising number of drivers of high performance motorcycle's just can't seem to stay off the throttle while on crowded roads. I think of them as organ donors on the hoof. I don't want any of them to crash, but lots of them sure seem intent to push the limits of their bikes on the road, rather than on the track.

thejeep

Sergeant
Aug 30, 2008
tn
Nanny Statist, yes I have a shit ton f insurance, If I get killed, she will be rich, rich rich.
I know right! Working in ICU’s will do it to you. I remember 1 nice day in February, the ones where you think Spring at last, 6 showed up with in as many hours.

Now 450 vs 500?

that’s awesome !!! gave up riding a few years ago due to the nature of pushing it more and more and getting older, having a slower and slower reaction time.

Last bike was a panengali R, and I have to say for a sport bike one of the most comfortable bikes I have been on.

the new electronics are always fun on the new bikes. the e shifter on that RR is awesome, was way better than my ducati’s

Jun 11, 2017
The s1000rr is a nice bike but BMW as a brand particularly their cars seem to attract the smuggest of the liberals and I want nothing to do with anything from BMW because of it.

ArmyJerry

Staff Sergeant
Nov 22, 2012
That video is before our governor moved half the scum sucking communists in from Kalifornia. Bow thos eroads are clogged, with future targets.