SHORT ACTION CUSTOMS Barrel Vise.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
Just got an update from them today. They have an email going out to all the non-anodized customers. You will have the option to upgrade to their complete modular kit that comes with all the rings and ring holder or stick with your original order. The non-anodized are bead blasted now instead of in the raw so they look nicer without machine marks. They will start shipping non-anodized orders over the next week or so Im told

Anodized version still no ETA.

Reactions: BCX

Sixfivesavage

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 30, 2013
Maryland
Switched mine to bead blasted and it should be here tomorrow. I'm wondering....will any of the bushings go small enough to be able to pull a barrel without removing the action from the stock?

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Switched mine to bead blasted and it should be here tomorrow. I'm wondering....will any of the bushings go small enough to be able to pull a barrel without removing the action from the stock?
Obviously that depends on what the diameter of the barrel is where you putting it into the vice. But....I just did exactly that 10min ago to install a new Timney trigger on my CZ 455 22lr. I used the .865/.870 bushings and it worked great. Tightened down rock solid.

Sixfivesavage

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 30, 2013
Maryland
Obviously that depends on what the diameter of the barrel is where you putting it into the vice. But....I just did exactly that 10min ago to install a new Timney trigger on my CZ 455 22lr. I used the .865/.870 bushings and it worked great. Tightened down rock solid.
Of course, I should have mentioned I'm referring to contours other than sporter. Medium palma, marksman, that kind of stuff. I'm more curious because I'd like to pull the barrel for cleaning if I can do it easily. Guess I'll see soon.

drkhrs2

Private
Hessian
Belligerents
Jan 13, 2009
Can anyone tell me what the hole spacing and size of the Arca base is? Mine is coming soon and I’d like to have mounting location ready.

Sixfivesavage

Sergeant
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Mar 30, 2013
Maryland
For anyone thinking about putting this thing on a quick change plate from inline fabrication, the Dillon 550 b & c plate hole spacing is perfect. Just have to shorten two bolts or buy two shorter ones for the arca base.

Reactions: drwood96

jwankel

Private
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Apr 14, 2010
Illinois
For anyone thinking about putting this thing on a quick change plate from inline fabrication, the Dillon 550 b & c plate hole spacing is perfect. Just have to shorten two bolts or buy two shorter ones for the arca base.
Thanks. I was waiting to get my vise to find the spacing. Now I don't have to wait and can have the plate ready when the vise arrives.

jwknutson17

Big Game Hunter
Belligerents
Apr 29, 2017
Colorado
How is everyone liking these now they have been in the wild for 6-8 months? Thinking about snagging one but looking for some more feedback first.

jwknutson17

Big Game Hunter
Belligerents
Apr 29, 2017
Colorado
Been running mine since first batch. Roughly 6-8 barrel changes a week. Works excellent and is fast. Love mine and wouldnt change it for anything else
Perfect. That's what I like to hear. Will be ordering one up. Thanks for the feedback.

MarinePMI

Battery Operated Grunt
Belligerents
Jun 3, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Can anyone tell me what the hole spacing and size of the Arca base is? Mine is coming soon and I’d like to have mounting location ready.
I'm not sure it's actually ARCA (unless it is on the narrow side of ARCA). It wouldn't accept a Sawtooth ARCA or RRS adapter plate, and there is no dovetail on the side with the clamp (which I didn't notice at first). It's close, but I'd say more "ARCA like"...

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
I'm not sure it's actually ARCA (unless it is on the narrow side of ARCA). It wouldn't accept a Sawtooth ARCA or RRS adapter plate, and there is no dovetail on the side with the clamp (which I didn't notice at first). It's close, but I'd say more "ARCA like"...

We had a few squeak through that had a little smaller dovetail width than what it should have had. It was missed because it worked with the ARCA rails we had in hand to test against. With the addition of our new dovetail measuring equipment, we have that under better control.

Since we have a 100% lifetime warranty on all the Short Action Customs manufactured parts, I'm happy to exchange your ARCA base with a new one that has the correct measurements. E-mail me at Mark@shortactioncustoms.com if you're interested.

MACHTECH

Machinist
Belligerents
Feb 12, 2017
Michigan
Here are the dimensions for the ARCA bottom mount. 4" hole spacing center to center. You can use up to a 1/2" caphead screw. Some have used smaller screws with washers.

Good morning Mark, thanks for the dimensions for the base. I ordered one on Monday. Are the plain aluminum ones in stock for immediate delivery like the site says? The only reason I ask is that I have a barrel to pull for a project and was wondering if it would be going out this week?

Thanks, Todd

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Good morning Mark, thanks for the dimensions for the base. I ordered one on Monday. Are the plain aluminum ones in stock for immediate delivery like the site says? The only reason I ask is that I have a barrel to pull for a project and was wondering if it would be going out this week?

Thanks, Todd
Yes they are. We should have our anodized parts back early next week also.

Reactions: MACHTECH

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
We had a few squeak through that had a little smaller dovetail width than what it should have had. It was missed because it worked with the ARCA rails we had in hand to test against. With the addition of our new dovetail measuring equipment, we have that under better control.

Since we have a 100% lifetime warranty on all the Short Action Customs manufactured parts, I'm happy to exchange your ARCA base with a new one that has the correct measurements. E-mail me at Mark@shortactioncustoms.com if you're interested.
Top notch customer service as always!!!