Belligerents
Jan 26, 2010
Those aren't going anywhere!!!

I love your backyard!

Idaho-5R

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2018
Very Nice View!!!!! Also, "Good Job" on the Bench!!!!! Looks very solid & stable!!!!! Glad to see 3 legs!!!!!! I see too many folks trying 4 legs...... No way that works well !!!!! Good Work there Sir!!!!!!! Idaho-5R

Reactions: TACC

ericf

Private
Belligerents
May 27, 2007
texas gulf coast (Pasadena)
Very Nice View!!!!! Also, "Good Job" on the Bench!!!!! Looks very solid & stable!!!!! Glad to see 3 legs!!!!!! I see too many folks trying 4 legs...... No way that works well !!!!! Good Work there Sir!!!!!!! Idaho-5R
in reality they turned out nicer then I anticipated. We were concerned about wind on the hill top, but they are so heavy, it will have to be a tornado.
The table on the plateau is facing directly where we are planning a 1K yd target gong on the hillside. Sort of in the valley area. Just to the slight right in the clearing (across the way) is our 600 yrd one.

bfm1851

Private
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2005
East Texas
Been working on trying to come up with a stable design for a portable shooting bench. Searched the web and lots of good ideas but most either show them too heavy for lugging to range or have legs that require welding (don't have access to). I have glued a couple pieces of plywood together for a top now looking for ideas on either folding legs or legs that can be easily removed for transport. huntsman22 like your bench, how are legs attached?

TACC

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2019
Great looking benches, and one heck of a range there in Texas.

Mr.BR

Private
Belligerents
Oct 5, 2017

bfm1851

Private
Belligerents
Aug 7, 2005
East Texas
I built this one with some crap I had in the shop and for legs I used an old folding leg saw horse I had. Legs fold up inside of frame so pretty easy to transport. I glued two pieces of 3/4 plywood together for top so it's a little heavy to use in the woods but works great for the range.

Attachments