Shooting Bag Recommendations

Send One

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2018
Hello All,

Looking for some recommendations for shooting bags for PRS style shooting. Have shot a lot, but new to this style and would like the down and dirty on what couple of key bag types, styles and any manufacture recommendations you may have. Game changer, rear bags, etc.

Thanks!

Hollywood 6mm

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
I'm at the point where the only bag I use 90% of the time for training and matches is the pint size Game Changer. I still carry a Fat Bag and Python for the rare times where I truly *NEED* a small rear bag or large positional bag (and those do happen), but in almost all cases I can grab the pint size and do everything I need. The heavy fill Pint Size is just as stable (in my experience) as the OG maxed canvas gamechanger, just in a smaller (and denser) package that's easier to manipulate.

Send One

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2018
I'm at the point where the only bag I use 90% of the time for training and matches is the pint size Game Changer. I still carry a Fat Bag and Python for the rare times where I truly *NEED* a small rear bag or large positional bag (and those do happen), but in almost all cases I can grab the pint size and do everything I need. The heavy fill Pint Size is just as stable (in my experience) as the OG maxed canvas gamechanger, just in a smaller (and denser) package that's easier to manipulate.
Thanks for the feedback! Hearing a lot of good things about Pint Size GC. Seems like a reasonable size and weight to maneuver as you mention.

Hollywood 6mm

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
Thanks for the feedback! Hearing a lot of good things about Pint Size GC. Seems like a reasonable size and weight to maneuver as you mention.
I actually had a prototype for about 9 months, then one of the production versions for about 2 months before they were released. The protype was nylon with plastic fill, and it worked fairly well for the light weight. The production version with waxed canvas and sand fill is an entirely different animal, though. The weight makes it VERY stable, it settles into position easily - especially if you get a little rough with it. Don't gently set the bag down and gently set the rifle on it - treat the pint size like it owes you money. A hard flop down on the obstacle followed by the same with your rifle landing on the bag causes the sand to settle and help grip the obstacle and your rifle stock/chassis. I also use a barricade stop and my magazine to wedge the bag against my rifle, which goes even further to mitigate recoil.

I don't like attaching the bag to my rifle, but if you want to go that route (and have an Arca type rail) the rail version of the PS from 419 is pretty slick. It keeps more surface contact between the bag and your rifle while keeping it adjustable and firmly attached.

Reactions: Send One

Send One

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2018
I actually had a prototype for about 9 months, then one of the production versions for about 2 months before they were released. The protype was nylon with plastic fill, and it worked fairly well for the light weight. The production version with waxed canvas and sand fill is an entirely different animal, though. The weight makes it VERY stable, it settles into position easily - especially if you get a little rough with it. Don't gently set the bag down and gently set the rifle on it - treat the pint size like it owes you money. A hard flop down on the obstacle followed by the same with your rifle landing on the bag causes the sand to settle and help grip the obstacle and your rifle stock/chassis. I also use a barricade stop and my magazine to wedge the bag against my rifle, which goes even further to mitigate recoil.

I don't like attaching the bag to my rifle, but if you want to go that route (and have an Arca type rail) the rail version of the PS from 419 is pretty slick. It keeps more surface contact between the bag and your rifle while keeping it adjustable and firmly attached.
Again, really appreciate the intel. I just ordered a heavy fill pint size.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm

Delvecchioforza

60% of the time, it works every time
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2018
Denver, Co
Give the camanche a look by warhorse development. It’s the best bag I’ve laid hands on and will no longer use anything else plain and simple. Not to mention he’s a solid dude

Meety Peety

It's possible
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2017
San Diego
I use a heavy fill pint sized GC the most. It works great as a rear bag on the ground, works well off most props and is very stable as mentioned. IMO it absolutely shines on cattle gates and tank traps. There are times where I need a taller bag for certain props and for those I just use the WC game changer, but the pint size is getting about 80% of the work these days.

Send One

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2018
Give the camanche a look by warhorse development. It’s the best bag I’ve laid hands on and will no longer use anything else plain and simple. Not to mention he’s a solid dude
Thanks, I’ll definitely check that one out as well!

Precision Underground

PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Jun 21, 2017
Tallahassee, FL
Check out our small bags, aside from being a great rear bag it does things that usually only bigger or funny shaped bags do. It uses a unique fill that is heavy and kind of locks together. Most companies are going the “our fill flows better” route. We are doing the opposite. We think a fill that sticks to itself and doesn’t slip around is a much better option! We are using friction rather than heft to bring stability. We’ll have a “comp” bag out soon. We can do custom bags or straps, just tell us what you need!
PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com
16C93671-62A2-4066-BFBF-6FFE0F3CDE4B.jpeg318A1B93-1555-46CC-95B2-BBD6CBE6E1A7.jpeg9D1021CE-1288-44B3-B49C-79FE0103EB9A.jpeg6F8F7420-143F-4D69-BD98-2EF487B8DC23.jpeg

60144F6A-C614-4ACA-97D3-CDAFB6644F76.jpeg