Shooter lube

XLR308

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
Grand Junction, Colorado
Thats the first I've heard off it, I pretty much use FP-10 on everything. Hasnt dissapointed me yet and has a pleasant cinnamon smell so the wife doesnt complain about me using it in the house ;)

Gray Squirrel

Protect the nuts.
Belligerents
Jun 30, 2012
North TX
No experience with that stuff, but I use Hoppes and Mpro 7, both of which I really like.

Lately though, I’ve been using just straight motor oil. A quart is pretty cheap and lasts forever, and can be bought with all the same cleaning compounds in it. I just pour it in a smaller bottle for a more surgical application.

Mike 556

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2018
Northeast PA
https://www.shooterlube.com

Anyone have experience with this product?
On a serious note, I haven't any experience with shooters lube. For years used FP10, with trying out all the new latest and greatest in between. I do quite a bit of shooting, so I used a lot of oil over the years. Most of the gun lubes, oils and cleaners are quite pricey. Read a few years back about shooters using Mobil 1, gave it a try and have been using it for rifles, shotguns and pistols for the last 4 or 5 years. It's not scientific, but if I clean and lube the firearm properly, I see no difference using Mobil 1 verses all the other pricey gun oils I've used. I still use Shooters Choice and the old standby Hoppes for initial cleaning.
Mike

javentre

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jan 20, 2004
I use Lubriplate 105 for almost all of my gun lube needs. One tube is a lifetime supply. It's a lot like TW25b.

SuckitTrebek

The rapist for $200
Belligerents
Nov 22, 2005
The Great State of Texas
motor oil. end of story.

"shooting lubricant" one of the most bullshit scams in all of the shooting industry. On par with the bs when playing a game of "just the tip"

More practice is needed on how to properly lubricate firearms, as opposed to the type of lubricant.